Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-09-07 16:30:01

WebmistressM

TextGarden - TextPattern Themes

Im working on a new theme for my website, with the idea to make it more responsive. However, I noticed that some aspects of the textpattern.com sites are no longer up.
http://themes.textpattern.com/ (leads to a line of text and nothing else)
textgarden.org (maybe a new person unrelated to text pattern now has this domain)

I have searched to see if the repository was moved or there is a new place out there to get some good starter themes/templates to look at, but am not turning much up. Anyone know what might be going on?

Ah-ha. Nevermind: http://txplanet.net/#Themes I guess this is the new place for Textpattern resources? Looks like themes get put here: http://txptag.com/

Last edited by WebmistressM (2015-09-07 16:47:53)

#2 2015-09-07 16:55:17

Destry
Website

Re: TextGarden - TextPattern Themes

Are you building a new them from scratch and want to add the them to those locations, or looking for a starter theme to work from? [Yes you are. :) I need to read better.] I’m sure someone will have something you can use for the latter, but a little history regarding the former…

Yes, textgarden.org is no more. Whether anyone got the dump file on that, I’m not sure, but themes.textpattern.com will be the new location, I believe. In relation to that, Bloke is working on some core theming stuff which will help provide a more systematic theming process, I believe. I’m guessing once that launches, the themes.textpattern.com locaiton will start to fill out.

There might be some interim place on Github where themes are at too. I’m not sure.

Basically, there are a lot of gaps in what I know about the state of Txp theming. ;)

Last edited by Destry (2015-09-07 17:01:08)

#3 2015-09-07 16:59:30

Destry
Website

WebmistressM wrote #294536:

Ah-ha. Nevermind: txplanet.net/#Themes I guess this is the new place for Textpattern resources? Looks like themes get put here: http://txptag.com/

Well, that’s a place, but I don’t think it’s the new place as far as Textpattern is concerned. You can certainly get a workable theme there, though.

#4 2015-09-08 16:53:57

maverick
Website

Many of the Txp___ family of websites, including TxPlanet are the effort of Bert Garcia. The gateway site to the sites that Bert is running is TxpCMS. Txp:Themes is his new theme site.

The themes there are Bert’s effort (nicely adapted Bootstrap themes for Textpattern), rather than a community collection of themes as TextGarden used to be. Both TextGarden was also an effort by an individual in the Textpattern community rather than official theme site managed by the Textpattern CMS.

#5 2015-09-09 14:15:45

WebmistressM

maverick wrote #294545:

Many of the Txp___ family of websites, including TxPlanet are the effort of Bert Garcia. The gateway site to the sites that Bert is running is TxpCMS. Txp:Themes is his new theme site.

The themes there are Bert’s effort (nicely adapted Bootstrap themes for Textpattern), rather than a community collection of themes as TextGarden used to be. Both TextGarden was also an effort by an individual in the Textpattern community rather than official theme site managed by the Textpattern CMS.

Yeah. I noticed when TXP Planet came up (that was the first thing I could find that didnt lead me to a 404 or a parked page) it showed stuff about themes and thats actually how I found txptag (TXP Themes). I thought putting my edit/corrective post would have cleared that up. The only thing that wasnt clear in my post was whether it was “official” or not. Looks like Txpplanet, txptag and all of the aforementioned are connected (when you go to txpcms.com, you will see a top nav that links to TxpPlanet and Txpthemes. Just a bit more disjointed but I imagine that is probably part of what Bert will be improving as time goes on.

All I can say is, thank god TextPattern is adjusting to responsive. That has been what I wanted to work on improving about one of my TXP sites since clients do look at my folio on mobile devices.

#6 2015-09-10 13:15:10

maverick
Website

I apologize for misunderstanding your post!

If it helps, Bert’s templates are based on Bootstrap. However, Textpattern’s current default template has been responsive for at least a couple of years. It is based on html5 Boilerplate I believe. Phil Wareham adapted it and can answer questions about it’s responsive features.

#7 2015-09-10 20:37:55

WebmistressM

maverick wrote #294655:

I apologize for misunderstanding your post!

If it helps, Bert’s templates are based on Bootstrap. However, Textpattern’s current default template has been responsive for at least a couple of years. It is based on html5 Boilerplate I believe. Phil Wareham adapted it and can answer questions about it’s responsive features.

Bootstrap and Boilerplate are definitely one of the frameworks I like to work with. The project I have resumed work on was an attempt to move my current dated template into something responsive. Looks like in the time that I had to put this project on the shelf and now, they had begun getting stuff responsive. (like you said, a couple years back… see… I knew Id eventually be able to resume my project :)

Board footer