Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-08-14 00:16:06

tones
Website

No words pressed!

Hello everyone!

I was gifted a domain and host recently and have no idea what to do with it. I was going through the CPanel items one by one looking them up until I found Textpattern, alone and miserable at the bottom sadly! I decided this was the one I wanted to play with. :)

The install was for an older version, so I picked up the latest and installed it manually which proved to be a really quick and easy.

The main theme was nice and responsive, but really not my style. So I started gutting it and poking it until I came up with something that resembles a website, yay! I still have no idea what I’ll do for the content and the code is an absolute mess at the moment but I think it works and would very much like some feedback and another pair of eyes to find something broken!

Many thanks for your wonderful CMS and really looking forward to your responses!

www.antonyhogan.co.uk

(Edit: used “ $ “ :)

Last edited by tones (2015-08-14 00:19:31)

#2 2015-08-14 01:34:52

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: No words pressed!

tones wrote #294130:

Many thanks for your wonderful CMS and really looking forward to your responses!

Nice start. Now comes the part i always find hardest – thinking of things to write about.

And feel free to ask questions. I’ve spent 11 years hanging around and I still find new stuff (often that I never knew I needed).

#3 2015-08-14 14:16:34

uli

Hi tones, and welcome to the Textpattern forum!

tones wrote #294130:

alone and miserable at the bottom sadly! I decided this was the one I wanted to play with. :)

That’s very likeable! Generally.

very much like some feedback and another pair of eyes to find something broken!

Though you definded some extra fonts, they aren’t used, and I can’t ad hoc tell why cause they’re linked correctly and also have their selectors (see “Lora” for the “Posted” line).

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2015-08-14 14:28:48

tones
Website

uli wrote #294137:

Though you definded some extra fonts, they aren’t used, and I can’t ad hoc tell why cause they’re linked correctly and also have their selectors.

Odd they seem used for me, with the exception of one that I should take out as I ended up not using it, I’ll take a deeper look during the clean-up.

Thanks for the warm welcome messages, that’s one thing I noticed about this community before I signed up! :)

#5 2015-08-14 14:44:49

uli

tones wrote #294139:

I’ll take a deeper look during the clean-up.

Not too much sweat: That was one of my privacy plugins, dang!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#6 2015-08-14 19:54:41

tones
Website

uli wrote #294140:

Not too much sweat: That was one of my privacy plugins, dang!

That made me laugh, thanks. :)

I hadn’t split the pages into forms at that point anyway so I think I had some stray code. Sorted that out anyway, thanks for reminding me.

#7 2015-08-14 20:13:34

maniqui
Website

Great choice! Have fun patterning those texts ;)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer