Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-06-29 08:22:14

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Textpattern.com first impressions

Making changes to the planet site, I went to the home page to check relevant Textpattern related links.

I went to the documentation section, quite a lot of links need changing.

I know that the front page is in the process of being re-done, but for now, can we please update these links?

#2 2015-06-29 09:47:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Textpattern.com first impressions

Thanks for the nudge, Bert. Done most of the links.

I’ve left some historical SVN stuff (articles) but have changed the FAQ entries where appropriate to reflect the Github location. There are other places that will require proper editing, but since the whole FAQ thing is going to be overhauled I’m not going to do that right now.

Let me know if you see any other places that I’ve missed. But on the whole, all hail smd_where_used :-)

@Phil: not sure how (if) you’re keeping the .com redesign repo in sync with the main site, but this is a heads up that stuff has changed so you might wanna grab the new DB and diff it! Let me know if there’s a supported workflow here or I need to do anything special so I’m not wasting your time if I add articles or anything during the migration work. Ta.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2015-06-29 12:41:07

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Stef.

What’s the official Textile site?

#4 2015-06-29 12:52:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

hcgtv wrote #292248:

What’s the official Textile site?

Not sure we have one. I think Txstyle is the closest we have to a functioning site that’s up-to-date. At least, that’s where the Write panel directs its soft link (textpattern.com/textile-sandbox) to.

I’ve pointed the Textile mention in the ‘for publishers’ sidebar there now. Anywhere else?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#5 2015-06-29 13:26:39

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

The link to textgarden is still live and the new demo site? Opensourcecms hasn’t updated their project versions in quite some time, they were bought out by a company interested in clicks, not service to the community.

#6 2015-06-29 13:40:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

hcgtv wrote #292263:

The link to textgarden is still live and the new demo site?

D’oh, I caught the ones on the homepage and sidebar but forgot the ones on the Documentation page itself! Those are Content->Links that smd_where_used doesn’t search.

I’ll fix those now, thanks.

#7 2015-07-08 15:55:43

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

There are ads on the Textpattern.com page, one said Advertise here, so I clicked it.

Sidebar
125 x 125 Middle Left

15,000 Est. Impressions

1 of 1	Available

$69 per 30 days

This tells me Textpattern.com has had 15,000 visitors in the last 30 days, interesting stat. It also tells me that the ads are not very lucrative, how much of that $69 is making it’s way back to Textpattern?

When the redesign happens, are there still going to be ads?

#8 2015-07-08 16:16:31

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

hcgtv wrote #292884:

When the redesign happens, are there still going to be ads?

Yes, there will be ads on new .com site. It’s the only regular revenue stream we have for the devs – which we then split equally.

#9 2015-07-08 17:56:01

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote #292887:

Yes, there will be ads on new .com site. It’s the only regular revenue stream we have for the devs – which we then split equally.

I will use $69 of my Google AdSense monies next month to place an ad for my new Themes site.

Board footer