You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2013-04-23 07:53:58

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: rah_external_output

v1.0.2 released. Changes:

• Fixed: PHP namespace compatibility.
  • Changed: Under Textpattern 4.6.0-dev adds the ‘View’ link to the new action bar.
  • Improved: Internal clean up.
  • Improved: Use Textpattern’s assigned flags to ensure future compatibility.
  • Improved: Creating preferences to the memory isn’t necessary.

More info and downloads

#110 2013-10-09 09:40:16

txpdevcoder

Hey,

I have a problem with rah_external output. Ive used it to generate an xml feed that i pull into another website as a kind of a featured blog posts. It worked great for a long but now we have updated our blog to use rss_unlimited_catagories. Unfourtunatly the rss_unlimited_catagories tags do not work inside rah_external_output

If i switch it to a standard txp:article tag it works fine, but is obviously not seeing the categories I want it too.

My feed looks like this. Am i missing something?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" >
<channel>
<generator>http://textpattern.com/</generator>
<title><txp:site_name /></title>
<link><txp:link_to_home /></link>
<pubDate><txp:php>echo strftime( "%a, %d %b %G %T %Z" );</txp:php></pubDate>
<atom:link href="<txp:site_url/>?rah_external_output=featuredfeed" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
<txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list limit="4" category="featuredfeed">
<item>
<title><txp:title /></title>
<description>
<![CDATA[
<txp:excerpt />
]]>
</description>
<link><txp:permlink /></link>
<pubDate><txp:posted format="%a, %d %b %G %T %Z" /></pubDate>
<dc:creator><txp:author /></dc:creator>
<guid><txp:permlink /></guid>
</item>
</txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list>
</channel>
</rss>

#111 2013-10-09 10:52:56

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

txpdevcoder wrote:

Am i missing something?

Might be due to that rss_unlimited_categories’ SQL constructing, or its URL routing. If I saw correctly in its source code (which isn’t well intended), its using the current section as the default section attribute value. For homepage, and thus rah_external_output, it’s default, which will not give you any articles.

Try setting the section attribute to empty (section=""). Also, unless you are using modified version of the plugin, it does not support contained statements; you will have to use form templates (form="rss-item").

Last edited by Gocom (2013-10-09 10:53:35)

#112 2015-06-26 04:13:41

gfdesign

Hi Jukka
Just to be sure, with this plugin, would you be able to serve contents to another non TXP site? For example, I am looking for the way to display TXP contents into a forum site. Do you think this plugin would serve content in the format I need?
Thanks for your reply.
Fernando

Last edited by gfdesign (2015-06-26 04:21:01)

#113 2016-08-12 18:32:21

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

I just wanted to report a strange experience. After upgrading a site to Textpattern 4.6 beta 2, I noticed that I was using rah_external_output version 0.4. After installing the current version (1.0.4), the plugin stopped working. No problem, restoring the database from backup brought rah_external_output v0.4 back, which works fine.

I don’t have an emergency: I’m not upgrading sites in production until Txp 4.6 is released as stable. And now that I know 1.0.4 isn’t compatible, I won’t try to install it.

#114 2016-08-13 05:45:04

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi John, I have tested rah_external_output 1.0.4 on Textpattern version: 4.6.0-beta.2 and it works fine for me.

I guess the main difference is that I had the latest version of the plugin installed on txp 4.5.7.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#115 2016-08-13 12:49:02

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Yiannis! When I get a chance, I’ll try installing 1.0.4 before the Txp upgrade and report back.

#116 2016-10-25 19:56:44

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Still having problems with this. :(

At first, I thought it was an order of operations problem. I upgraded a Textpattern installation to 4.6.2 before upgrading rah_external_output from v0.4 to v1.0.4. After the upgrades, my external outputs threw 404 errors, and the panel under Extensions disappeared, showing a “Restricted Area” error.

So I went back to my backups, and upgraded the plugin first, from v0.4 to v1.0.4. That worked, but the problem came back after upgrading Textpattern to version 4.6.2: The external outputs threw 404 errors, and the rah_external_output panel disappeared again, showing a “Restricted Area” message.

Next, I downgraded the plugin to v0.4. It worked again. I upgraded to each incremental version, and it continued to work up to v0.8. After upgrading to v0.9 and higher, there were problems, but I was able to get the output and the admin panel back by downgrading the plugin to v0.8 under Txp v4.6.2.

I have another problem after setting my server to use PHP 7.0.11 instead of PHP 5.6.25, but I think that might be due to a <txp:php> tag I’m using in one of the external outputs. If the problem persists after I work on that I’ll report back.

Does anyone have insight into getting the later versions working under Txp 4.6+? And is there any foreseeable harm in using v0.8?

Thank you!

#117 2016-10-25 22:33:20

uli

Wonder if you stumbled over the new form naming and linking conventions introduced in v0.9., see plugin help.

Edit: Or here, see “List of features” and “Basics”. Nearly broke my neck once ;)

Last edited by uli (2016-10-25 22:36:39)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer