Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-05-16 14:53:18

Destry
Website

Forum reply oddness (system false memory?)

I don’t know how to explain this, exactly (as the title would suggest), but I’ve been experiencing a strange behavior lately when trying to use the forum. Basically, I’ll add a comment to an active thread (the one I’m in and looking at), but the comment gets added to the previous thread I was in. It’s like the system doesn’t realize I’ve moved on to another thread and retains the memory of where I was, even though I’m not visually looking at that previous thread anymore.

The only clue that this is happening is that when I log out and log back in again, the comment I left is not where I thought I left it. This has happened the last several times I’ve left a comment in a thread.

The only time it doesn’t happen is if I don’t move to another thread when logged in, or I use the quote function to quote text from the active thread.

It sounds bizarre and is bizarre, but it’s happening.

So, if you see a reply from me that looks really out of context and I miss it, that’s what’s happening.

#2 2015-05-16 15:09:34

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Forum reply oddness (system false memory?)

testing

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2015-05-16 15:11:51

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Just random thoughts which might or might not help in the resolution of this: cache, sessions, local storage, bug. By the way I saw this post of yours in this thread so I can confirm that unless you posted in the wrong one, there is indeed a weirdness.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2015-05-16 15:54:26

Destry
Website

colak wrote #290835:

By the way I saw this post of yours in this thread so I can confirm that unless you posted in the wrong one, there is indeed a weirdness.

Yes. That post was actually supposed to be where it is now (in the thread about distraction-free admin side), but when I originally made the post, it added it to the other one. That was yesterday. I just discovered the mishap today and fixed it, thus the parenthetical note added to it. That was about the fifth time I’ve found that issue with my posts, thus why I’m mentioning it now.

Another thing I think is at play here is the view I’m looking at when I actually log in. I.e., I will often read a thread while still logged out, and then decided to log in while still in context of the thread I’m looking at, which may not be the thread I end up commenting in. Maybe that has something to do with it too, the point of first log in, or whatever. I don’t know.

I’ll clear my cache, etc. to see if anything changes.

Last edited by Destry (2015-05-16 15:59:44)

Board footer