Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#829 2015-03-18 09:04:38

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

kuopassa wrote #289151:

My client claims he is unable to put products to shopping cart

I managed it fine from the latest version of Chrome, and there was stuff in the basket on the checkout page. You might want to see if there is a cookie issue on their machine. Perhaps removing existing cookies for that domain and trying again might work (and of course, ensure cookies are enabled!)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#830 2015-03-18 12:22:04

uli

I didn’t have any problems in several (Mac) desktop browsers. But I didn’t test on the URL you posted, I was redirected to http://kortitnetistä.fi/, in case that’s crucial. Got it: Umlaut domain. Perhaps your client’s browser can’t handle that?

Last edited by uli (2015-03-18 12:42:19)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#831 2015-03-18 13:33:48

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

If the site_url and the Punycoded/IDN don’t match up, the cookie won’t tally and that may be the root cause. i the URL is switched to the Punycode domain, does it work?

#832 2015-03-18 22:50:39

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Bloke, uli and gaekwad. :-) It could indeed be related to umlaut problem. My client is of older type and could still be using some nearly ancient browser. I’ll try also to find out with this if he’s got cookies enabled.

#833 2015-03-29 16:55:47

karelik

Hi,
thanks a lot for great yab_shop. I have 0.8.1 version.
+1 for better currency formating (I am Czech so I use 1,50 Kč, not Kč1,50)
+1 for fixing error “Chyba značky: <txp:yab_shop_price /> -> Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given při zpracování formy default na stránce default”

Is any release date for new version? I am really looking forward.

I found version 0.9 on site https://github.com/Bloke/yab_shop . It looks different from normal Textpattern plugin, is possible to install it?

Thank you

#834 2015-03-29 21:00:33

uli

Hi Karel, and welcome to the Texpattern forum!

Re different look of the code:

Bloke wrote #267661:

Currenty on GitHub but it’s not compiled as a complete .txt plugin there. It’s just the code at the moment. I can throw you a compiled version if you like, or you can just drop the code into a new plugin in ied_plugin_composer and enable it. If you’re starting fresh then it’ll be ok; it’s only upgrades that might lose a few custom strings.

Are you familiar with the plugin_composer plugin?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#835 2015-03-29 22:10:50

karelik

I wasn’t familiar with ied_plugin_composer but I have installed it and it looks clear. I created new plugin “test”, pasted code from yab_shop_src.php, saved and in my Plugins appered test plugin. I looks it is possible to enable. Unfortunately I will do upgrade. What is in danger? L10n for yab_shop?

I added to yab_shop little code for table cart output (normal is list). I think it can be useful. How can I simply share it? Send directly to trenc or Bloke? Paste here? Sorry for stupid questions, I am newbie but I am learning fast ;).

#836 2015-03-30 13:11:01

uli

karelik wrote #289562:

What is in danger? L10n for yab_shop? […] How can I simply share it?

Sorry, I can’t answer any of your questions. Stef, Tommy?

#837 2015-04-08 08:46:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

karelik wrote #289562:

will do upgrade. What is in danger? L10n for yab_shop?

Yes. Under 0.90 the languages are (annoyingly, still) all in the plugin itself, so any strings you’ve edited in the yab_shop_core plugin need to be copied out and transplanted into the later version. Look for function yab_shop_admin_lang in v0.8x and you’ll see the (public) strings there, which need to replace the ones in the top of the v0.90 plugin ($_yab_shop_public_i18n array). It won’t localise the preference strings, unfortunately, as they’re inserted directly.

Neither approach is great. The plugin should be using Textpacks instead. One day…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#838 2015-05-05 12:59:22

dorka

Hi there,
there are two eshop features that I am interested in and didn’t find mentioned in this thread, so I would like to know if they are achievable with yab_shop or else.
1. last visited items
2. Saving customer’s data (adress phone etc.) for reusing next time he visits the shop.
Thanks

Last edited by dorka (2015-05-05 13:35:32)

#839 2015-05-05 13:28:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

dorka wrote #290471:

last vizited items

The shop itself doesn’t keep track of this, but since each “product” you sell is a Textpattern article, the built-in recent_articles tag will do that if you use the section="your-shop-section" attribute.

I’m talking rubbish, that’s a list of recently posted items, not visited. But if you switch visitor logs on, you might be able to use the smd_lately plugin to track it.

saving customer’s data… for next time

That’s built into the plugin.

Last edited by Bloke (2015-05-05 13:32:15)

#840 2015-05-05 13:39:47

dorka

Cool! This sounds realy good, I will probably give it a try. Thanks Steff. (Yeah, I did the same mistake myself thinking I could use recent_articles, too. :-) )

Board footer