Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-03-08 00:28:24

tedweitz

Can not log in after upgrade

Hi

I was not seeing my new post so I thought I should update / upgrade my installation though I dreaded it. I followed the Upgrading directions and now I can not log in. The website is corrupted it shows some errors and does not show the actual content.

When tried to rest the password it fails to log in. Is there a “secret” Password I should know?

How can I save my website?

internal_error "Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause'"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php at line 95
internal_error "Undefined variable: language"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/index.php at line 103
Internal error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:709)"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php at line 224
Internal error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:709)"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php at line 225
in /home/tedwei00/domains/example.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php at line 50

Textpattern
View site
Your session has expired. Please log in again. ×
Reset password

Name

← Back to Textpattern log in

Thanks!!!

Ted

Edit by gaekwad: code formatting and remove site URL.

Last edited by gaekwad (2015-03-08 10:43:38)

#2 2015-03-08 02:05:16

tedweitz

Re: Can not log in after upgrade

I tried to update the TXP_users via PHPmyAdmin using update txp_users set pass=password(lower(‘pass’)) where name=‘user’; and direct editing. No change

#3 2015-03-08 02:25:02

tedweitz

I looked at the PHP settings Database server

Is that the problem? Can I update to an old Textpattern as I doubt that the host will update / change his settings

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Software: MySQL
Software version: 5.1.38 – MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10
User: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Web server

Apache/2
Database client version: libmysql – 5.1.38
PHP extension: mysqli Documentation

#4 2015-03-08 10:42:33

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

OK. Hmm. I’m going out on a limb and assuming there’s no recent or pre-upgrade backup of your site (files + database). If I’m wrong, and I hope I am, restore your backup and you’ll be back up and running.

I can see your site still has the /textpattern/setup/ directory in place – you should rename that to something less trivial until we figure this out. I’ll edit your posts so they don’t list your site URL.

First thing: clear your cookies before you try logging in. I’ve see this internal_error "Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause'" error thrown with stale cookies, and flushing fixed it. Trigger an email password reset outside of phpMyAdmin by using the “Forgot password” option at the login – does that help you log in?

#5 2015-03-08 13:36:56

tedweitz

Hi Gaekwad,

Thanks so much for jumping in to help!

It all started because my new TXP post will not appear. I wonder if that is an issue due to an outdated Textpattern. I did backup my Textpattern DB via Textpattern nothing else.

I tried TXP “Forgot Password”, it did not do anything. It did not generate an email nor did it login with the new PW I gave it

As I failed to login I went into PHPmyAdmin and tried to reset the txp_users several times through Edit and through SQL commend as I found here. It did not help. Now when I look at txp_users my PW is a long set of characters I am not sure if it is just hiding my PW or does it generate its own for some reason.

My thoughts now is to roll it all back through my host [I hope it can be done] Another thought is to do a complete install of the Textpattern and then revive the site through the Textpattern back up.

The PHP at my host is old, could I install the current Textpattern given that? Did it fail to post the new post because of having these old versions?

I will be happy to provide you with an excess to the site I have no secrets there :)

Thanks again so very very much

Ted

#6 2015-03-08 13:40:08

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

tedweitz wrote #288850:

I will be happy to provide you with an excess to the site I have no secrets there :)

Yep, I’ll take a look around – expect an email from my username at gmail shortly.

#7 2015-03-08 14:11:09

tedweitz

Hello again

I did remove all cookies and the errors changed some

internal_error "Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause'"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/MYSITE.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php at line 95
internal_error "Undefined variable: language"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/MYSITE.com/public_html/textpattern/index.php at line 103
Internal error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tedwei00/domains/MYSITE.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:709)"
in /home/tedwei00/domains/MYSITE.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php at line 50
Textpattern

Still no joy, I reset the PW at the txp_users and tried with forgot PW still will not login.

I did FTPed the whole textpattern directory [-config] as in the instruction and the /RPC dir and the 3 files [index.php, css.php and .htaccess] as directed.

Should I change something there?

Thanks a gazzilion

Edited for code presentation

Last edited by gaekwad (2015-03-08 14:19:18)

#8 2015-03-08 14:14:48

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Did my email arrive yet? Take a look in your inbox. If not, send me your FTP details over (gaekwad at gmail) and I’ll have a look around.

#9 2015-03-08 18:32:05

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

All fixed.

#10 2015-03-08 20:28:05

tedweitz

Thanks so so much!

Your help was so unbelievably awesome. I had some difficulties initially as the articles will not save /edit/ show drop down menus but then I changed permissions recursively to 755 and it is all working.

Thanks for taking me the long way into the 21st century :)

Thanks again,

Ted

#11 2015-07-13 16:28:34

maniqui
Website

Hi. I’m troubleshooting a similar (if not the same) issue on a client’s site.
This happened before (with another client) and the issue was related to a database issue (most probably, some kind of bug in the server, as the database was taking up a lot of disk space, with no relation to the real amount of content on the website). But this time, recreating the database didn’t help at all.

gaekwad, please, could you share what were your findings while looking at this issue and how you fixed it? Thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#12 2015-07-13 17:23:16

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

maniqui wrote #293132:

gaekwad, please, could you share what were your findings while looking at this issue and how you fixed it? Thanks.

Yes, I’ll check my records for info – stand by.

Board footer