Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2013-10-13 15:38:36

uli

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ebl_image_edit v1.0

MarcoK wrote:

• Hack Jquery code in some function to speed up next upgrade

Marco, in case “next upgrade” means you have further plans for the plugin, take a look at this list, some might already be covered.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#242 2014-05-02 20:15:53

TheEric
Plugin Author

Any chance the edits to the previous code base can be rolled into https://github.com/elimegrover/EBL-Image-Edit ?

Last edited by TheEric (2014-05-02 20:16:14)

#243 2014-05-05 11:25:37

uli

Eric, I’d love to contribute my current version and see it used by other people. After writing about the new features I’ve even added an option for setting individual JPEG compression.

Point is you wouldn’t want to have it publicly in your Github site in its current state, I assume: Because I’ve channelized all changes to the image’s size through the thumbnail panel and interim-ish left the now unused JS and PHP functions in place, there are now many redundant elements. Above that there’s still some debugging stuff contained. This all is perfect for using the plugin but it’s nothing to show in public. I’d like to remove those before publishing the plugin, though I’m afraid it’d take me quite some time to become acquainted again with the code in order to reliably pick out the correct parts. If you (or anyone else) know some online tool to help with spotting orphaned functions that’d be great.

Should you simply need the amended plugin for any website you’re working on I’d be more than happy to mail you a copy: It does its image editing work reliably, there are just smaller glitches in displaying dimensions (+/- 2px) that I (and probably most people) can live with.

What I’ve not done is merging my code with that of Marco: I’ve compared his version with it’s predecessor and found I’m not yet skilled enough to carry these changes over to yet another muuuuch different third version of the code.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#244 2014-05-05 21:16:57

mrdale
Website

uli wrote #280598:

Eric, I’d love to contribute my current version and see it used by other people.

why don’t you just fork it call it a different name and put it up in a new github repo?

#245 2014-05-06 13:48:23

uli

I’d quicker deal with tidying up the code than reading these umpteen screens full of what their lawyers think is language :)

#246 2014-05-06 13:51:52

TheEric
Plugin Author

uli wrote #280623:

I’d quicker deal with tidying up the code than reading these umpteen screens full of what their lawyers think is language :)

Welcome to MY world.

#247 2014-09-21 16:44:24

uli

Here’s an improved version of the JS snippet I’ve posted last year for having ebl_image_edit tools at our disposal on uploading images (and not go back to the image list and re-open the just uploaded images).

if((!$('#eblcropui').length)&&($('body#page-image').length)&&($('a[href="?event=eblimgeditext"]').length)){$("body").append("<script>$(document).ready(function(){{var a=$('.fullsize-image > .content-image').attr('title');imageid=a.replace(/(.*)\\.[jpg|jpeg|gif|png].*/,'$1');window.location='index.php?event=image&step=image_edit&id='+imageid+''}});<\/script>");}
});

It now detects whether ebl_image_edit is installed and active or not, so the snippet can remain at the end of textpattern.js when you de-install the plugin or deactivate (e.g. it in order to troubleshoot plugin conflicts).

Replace the last }); in /textpattern/textpattern.js with the complete snippet.

#248 2015-01-28 18:51:45

photonomad
Website

Are there any jQuery experts out there that might have a moment to help me with a couple of small modifications to ebl_image_edit?

I started editing the plugin to add a ‘fit’ class to the ‘fullsize-image’ div so that really large full size images won’t extend way off the image page. However, when cropping or resizing with the plugin, the ‘fit’ class must be removed so that the image will crop or resize based on it’s natural dimensions.

Here is a link to a Pastebin with my attempted edits to ebl_image_edit thus far. It includes comments with “// Stacey’s edit” in them for easy finding. (lines: 229, 235, and 366 ):
http://pastebin.com/uZ5ijFLQ

I’m running into trouble with jquery with regard to toggling, etc. I’d really like to make it so that when either #eblcropctrl or #eblresize is visible, the ‘fit’ class should be removed. If both #eblcropctrl or #eblresize are hidden, the ‘fit’ class should be added back to ‘fullsize-image’.

#249 2015-01-28 19:24:11

uli

You have mail.

#250 2015-03-02 11:23:53

hildebruns

I have a question.
When i create a thumbnal from .png with alpha channel. The thumbnail will be generated with black color for alpha channel. Is it possible to keep the alpha channel?

#251 2016-11-17 18:34:12

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

Just updated this plugin for Textpattern 4.6.2. How does it normaly work? This plugin seems an orphan. Still I don´t know if I could just post it here in the same name just in v2.4 for example ?

#252 2016-11-18 13:14:29

uli

Still I don´t know if I could just post it here in the same name just in v2.4

The version number implies you’ve adapted MarcoK’s v2.3 (which should have this fix). Then: Yup, simply do so.

Thanks!

Board footer