Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#265 2013-12-05 18:42:26

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

adamr wrote:

Hi all, apologies if this has already been addressed but I’ve had a scan of the thread and can’t see it.

Tag error: <txp:arc_twitter etc etc /> -> Warning: file_put_contents(): Exclusive locks may only be set for regular files while parsing form None on page default

Anyone seen this before?

Sorry, not come across this issue before. Is your cache directory writeable?

#266 2013-12-05 18:44:11

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

A new version of arc_twitter is out now. Version 4.2.1 allows you to display full URLs rather than the t.co links in your feed and you no longer need to shorten URLs sent from the article write tab.

#267 2014-07-31 20:09:39

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

arc_twitter’s been updated to v4.3.0 and now comes with Google Analytics UTM parameter support when tweeting articles. I’ve also improved the plugin’s documentation and made a minor tweek to the appearance of the Write tab form fields.

#268 2014-11-02 15:35:34

angryrectangle

Hello!

Just wanted to say, I was having some problems with the following errors:
- Warning: file_put_contents(): Exclusive locks may only be set for regular files while parsing form None on page default
- Warning: file_put_contents(): Failed to open stream, no such file or directory

I sorted these problems out by changing the cache! I discovered that textpattern suggests NOT using the /tmp directory for plugins AND as textpattern’s temp. file directory. So I created a new directory, changed the readable/writable values to 775, and then set that as the cache directory. Problem solved!

I was also getting the “exclusive locks” error I THINK because I had made a mistake with the URL for the cache folder. It should have been /home/site/site/textpattern etc etc not http://site.com/textpattern/ bla bla bla.

#269 2015-04-12 12:08:36

jameslomax
Website

Great plugin :-)

Is it possible to manually override the ‘update’ display, so you can send a second tweet if you want to?

#270 2015-04-13 11:46:23

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

jameslomax wrote #289919:

Is it possible to manually override the ‘update’ display, so you can send a second tweet if you want to?

Not really unless you go into the database and remove the relevant row from the arc_twitter table. You can always tweet from the arc_twitter panel under ‘Extensions’, but this would be no different from tweeting from Twitter itself.

I have been considering adding a ‘Retweet’ option to the article panel so that the original tweet could be reissued (not sure if Twitter will allow this though). Is this the sort of thing you’re after? I can look to add that as part of the next release.

#271 2015-04-15 20:11:37

jameslomax
Website

“I have been considering adding a ‘Retweet’ option to the article panel so that the original tweet could be reissued (not sure if Twitter will allow this though). Is this the sort of thing you’re after?”

Yes – it is. That would be useful.

I’m using the plugin quite a lot and maybe five times now, for various reasons, I needed to send a tweet again for the same article. In fact it’s just happened again which is why I’m checking the forum. This time – because for some unknown reason the image thumbnail didn’t display. So I have to start again.

You can of course delete the plugin and install it again which clears the database. I’ve done that several times but it’s obviously not ideal.

Great plugin – I find twitter a useful and interesting platform so the integration is very useful.

#272 2016-11-15 14:58:52

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Tried to install on 4.6.2. No errors until you hit Options. At that point, you get:

8192 "Non-static method arc_twitter::callbackURL() should not be called statically"
in /home/xxxxx/xxxxx/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1782) : eval()'d code at line 773.

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1782) : eval()'d code:773 adminErrorHandler()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1895 arc_twitter_prefs()
textpattern/index.php:214 callback_event()

You can also click “Connect to Twitter” which seems to work and then fails on the last step. Anyone else have any ideas before I dive in?

Added p. for the last line.
– Uli –

Last edited by uli (2016-11-15 15:12:02)

#273 2016-11-15 15:34:03

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Update: I got that error resolved.

public static function callbackURL($event,$step)
	{
		return preg_replace('/\?.*/', '',PROTOCOL.$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])
		  .'?event='.$event.'&amp;step='.$step;
	}

I also figured out what error Twitter is returning:

Whoa there! The request token for this page is invalid. It may have already been used, or expired because it is too old. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.

Apparently this is not a unique problem but I am still trying to figure out where and how to correct it.

#274 2018-02-05 22:33:50

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

arc_twitter has been updated to support Twitter’s increased tweet character length.

#275 2019-05-16 20:14:01

amordecosmos
Plugin Author
Website

Arc_Twitter breaks on 4.7.3 even if I do the edit above (it gets the same error).

Any clue what I can do? My client has auto-post on Twitter as a must-have so I can’t upgrade him.

#276 2019-06-08 12:19:22

amordecosmos
Plugin Author
Website

Am I right about this? txp:tweet (and it’s underlying arc_twitter) don’t work on 4.7.3?

Board footer