Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-10-15 17:03:28

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

TXP Clean Plugged

Thought I might link you to the demo just for a change. All updated, require Textpattern 4.4.1+, HTML5 and fully responsive. There’s something about this theme despite it’s age.

Last edited by thebombsite (2013-10-15 20:37:38)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#2 2013-10-15 17:58:56

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: TXP Clean Plugged

thebombsite wrote:

4.4.1 is the oldest release you can safely use due to security issues and fixes. 4.3.0 and older are riddled by vulnerabilities. So, advising or targeting 4.3.0 compatibility is rather well… :p

Last edited by Gocom (2013-10-15 18:03:07)

#3 2013-10-15 20:37:18

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for the info Jukka.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#4 2014-05-02 06:56:52

Snooze

After completing installation steps, template seems OK except top displays:

General error Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent on line 554

Site is installed locally on a Bitnami image.

Please advise.

#5 2014-10-16 09:37:08

ingleslenobel

I’m trying to use it but it doesn’t work for me. Errors:

Tag error: <txp:sitename /> ->  Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated while parsing form DTD_head on page default
Tag error: <txp:sitename /> ->  Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated while parsing form DTD_head on page default
Tag error: <txp:sitename /> ->  Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated while parsing form None on page default
Tag error: <txp:sitename /> ->  Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated while parsing form header on page default
Tag error: <txp:article_custom section="article" form="default2" offset="1" limit="5" formlist="default2" /> ->  Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: formlist. while parsing form None on page default

edit: code formatting by gaekwad

Last edited by gaekwad (2014-10-16 09:40:41)

#6 2014-10-16 09:47:55

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Hi ingleslenobel -welcome aboard.

First, the <txp:sitename /> tag should be easy to fix. Go into Presentation -> Forms -> then find DTD_Head. Make a safe copy of this form by selecting, copying and pasting into a text editor. The changes are straightforward, but it’s best to be safe. For every instance of <txp:sitename />, change it to <txp:site_name /> – notice the _. Make sure the revised text is posted back into the form box and save your changes. That should fix all but the last error.

Next: the default page needs a tweak. There will be a line that says:

<txp:article_custom section="article" form="default2" offset="1" limit="5" formlist="default2" />

I’m not aware of a formlist attribute for article_custom, the closest I can see form and that’s already being used. So, my suggestion: make a safe offline copy (select, copy, paste to text editor, save) and zap that list attribute, so the line should now read:

<txp:article_custom section="article" form="default2" offset="1" limit="5" formlist="default2" />

Save changes, reload your page. How’s that looking?

#7 2014-10-16 11:33:02

ingleslenobel

Pete, thank you, that’s really kind of you to take the time to post! I already figured out most of this by doing a forum search, but couldn’t solve the formlist thing, and then when testing the responsive attribute seemed to stop working. I figured probably did something wrong so uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled the default fasthosts self installer again.

What I’m really after is a template that’s centered, 960 wide on screen then responsive, so made some changes in the default CSS and this seems to be doing the job ok for me now. Obviously I’m completely new to textpattern so there’s a lot to figure out, I’ll need to play about formatting it etc.

Thanks again!!

#8 2014-10-16 11:37:51

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Hey, no sweat. Happy to help. You will find that Textpattern isn’t currently over-burdened with a glut of pre-made themes, but there are some out there. Stuart Bombsite hasn’t been around here lately, sadly.

As an aside, if you’re looking for a way to have some level of control over your site with whizzy things, you could take a look at Bootstrap – tonnes of examples and once you get your head around it, it plays nicely as a responsive setup.

#9 2014-10-16 11:55:18

ingleslenobel

Yeah, thanks, it’s on the list! It’s a long list… Btw the fact Textpattern isn’t overburdened with much is actually why I went for it, I like relatively fast pages and wordpress seems to have about 58 gazillion file calls! Nice extra plugins though, I can see myself ending up tweaking some of the php here and there to get to what I’m after

gaekwad wrote #284856:

Hey, no sweat. Happy to help. You will find that Textpattern isn’t currently over-burdened with a glut of pre-made themes, but there are some out there. Stuart Bombsite hasn’t been around here lately, sadly.

As an aside, if you’re looking for a way to have some level of control over your site with whizzy things, you could take a look at Bootstrap – tonnes of examples and once you get your head around it, it plays nicely as a responsive setup.

p.

Last edited by ingleslenobel (2014-10-16 11:58:14)

#10 2014-10-16 12:05:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ingleslenobel wrote #284863:

I can see myself ending up tweaking some of the php here and there to get to what I’m after

That’s the spirit! Any cool stuff you come up with, let us know either here or on G+.

If any of your tweaks seem as if they’d make a great addition to the core, bearing in mind our ‘keep it light, airy and secure, deferring to plugins and callbacks wherever possible’ ethos, feel free to fork the code and send us a pull request. We’re always open to suggestion to make Textpattern better.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#11 2014-10-16 12:13:18

uli

Hi ingleslenobel,

txp:sitename is a clear pointer to the fact that you’ve tested the ancient version of the theme which is not responsive. “Clean plugged” is, though. And it’s some pound fifty, which makes another fine indicator which version you’ve tried.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#12 2014-10-16 12:17:58

ingleslenobel

Ahh yes that must be it. I ended up with a download of TXP Clean and followed the steps in there. Even bought the theme too via the site but it’s no biggie, made the default one work anyway after I reinstalled it all. Thanks!

Board footer