Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2013-10-30 06:16:43

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Asset or scrapheap?

bici wrote:

i hear Linkedin is also worth considering and can be effective in highlighting your skill sets.

Be aware that they do use some nasty business tactics. They send marketing letters to people as you, they spam your contacts (if Navi was promoting Linkedin) and their registration screen is setup so that you give them access to read your Gmail account.

While the service may be great, the company behind it is somewhat rotten. Not intentionally, but probably more so because they are struggling.

#14 2013-10-30 07:18:24

jstubbs
Website

An interesting blog post by security firm Bishop Fox on LinkedIn’s new product Intro is worth a read. LinkedIn’s practices are quite aggressive as Jukka points out.

#15 2013-10-30 09:24:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Yeah, I can’t stand LinkedIn and tend to ignore it. Just got an account because I set it up years ago and made damn sure that there’s no link whatsoever to any of my important email addresses / accounts. I’m registered with a throw-away account. One-click sign-in with <insert name of service here> is the enemy.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#16 2013-10-30 13:22:27

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Stef, have a poke around on Freelancers and see if anything takes your fancy.

#17 2013-10-30 14:20:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

gaekwad wrote:

Stef, have a poke around on Freelancers and see if anything takes your fancy.

Oooh, nice, thanks for the tip.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#18 2013-10-30 17:25:28

bici
Website Mastodon

Gocom wrote:

bici wrote:

i hear Linkedin is also worth considering and can be effective in highlighting your skill sets.

Gocom wrote:
Be aware that they do use some nasty business tactics. They send marketing letters to people as you, they spam your contacts (if Navi was promoting Linkedin) and their registration screen is setup so that you give them access to read your Gmail account.
While the service may be great, the company behind it is somewhat rotten. Not intentionally, but probably more so because they are struggling.

i have seen the light. i’ll be killing my account if possible

…. texted postive

Board footer