Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2013-07-08 19:44:17

uli

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ebl_image_edit v1.0

I’ve found a small blank I’ve yet to fill (easy one): Immediate switching from an edit area with cropping rectangle to “Backup” brings the cropping area out of sync with the button states.

BTW: adi_image_tab and ebl_image_edit aren’t a no-go-combo any longer, yay! Your credit, Dale, or a coincidence caused by the admin changes?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#230 2013-07-09 16:36:57

uli

I wrote:

Dale’s version plus the current jcrop files plus Gil’s and my code changes

All in one, now:
ebl_image_edit_v2.2
Clicketi – click!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#231 2013-07-09 19:58:06

uli

One more bonus:

Have image editing tools at your disposal right from the start while uploading images!
Requires adding one line of JS to textpattern.js because ebl_image_edit isn’t loaded in the moment we’d need it. Hence we’ll lend it a hand.

Look for the very last }); in textpattern.js and replace with:

if((!$('#eblcropui').length)&&($('body#page-image').length)){$("body").append("<script>$(document).ready(function(){{var a=$('.fullsize-image > .content-image').attr('title');imageid=a.replace(/(.*)\\.[jpg|jpeg|gif|png].*/,'$1');window.location='index.php?event=image&step=image_edit&id='+imageid+''}});<\/script>");}

});

(Don’t forget to copy that pair of closing brackets at the end of the snippet!)
Redirects to the image’s edit page where ebl is waiting and ready. Edit: Note that this snippet must be deactivated when ebl_image_edit is uninstalled/deactivated, or it will leave the image edit panel inaccessible. For that reason alone:
I’d love to have that working from within the plugin, at some point :]

Last edited by uli (2013-07-17 12:17:03)

#232 2013-07-17 12:15:37

uli

At the moment I’m editing this plugin in order to spackle the last kinks for a re-release (e.g. Resize thumbnail will use the dropdown menu’s values if desired, no need any longer to fill in additional scaling values.)

I’m puzzling, however, over the “Lock aspect ratio” checkbox, thinking of removing it entirely (the checkbox, not the locking). The only thing this checkbox seems to do is maintaining the cropping frame’s aspect ratio while you drag its handles, it doesn’t seem to have an effect, though, on the thumbnail created. Like that, it only adds to the visual noise but is pretty much useless per se, as we can always select “Custom” from the dropdown menu and knead a cropping frame like we need it.

All: Is there a reasonable use case for unchecking “Lock aspect ratio” while having selected one of the preset thumbnail measures?

Last edited by uli (2013-07-17 17:41:33)

#233 2013-07-17 16:41:18

TheEric
Plugin Author

Lock aspect ratio for thumbnails maintains the same relative image proportions between the thumbnail and the original image.

#234 2013-07-17 17:36:05

uli

Does that mean it potentially squishes resulting thumbnails should I deactivate it and apply a square cropping area on a rectangular image? Although I tested til my eyeballs popped out: I couldn’t find it had any such effect, in whatever checkbox/menu combo.
Hence my question, which should have actually been: Is there a reasonable use case for unchecking “Lock aspect ratio” while having selected one of the preset thumbnail measures? (Now edited above.)

My guess is: I could simply hide this checkbox because you programmed the expected behavior for it, disabled it for the “Custom” menu entry and re-enabled it for every menu entry else. Even if hidden, it would work like everyone expects it to.

Last edited by uli (2013-07-17 17:40:19)

#235 2013-07-18 18:02:26

mrdale
Website

Nice work guys and gals! Deployed to 52 sites via symlinks, the plugin cache and stef’s wicked plugin composer… works flawlessly.

as you were…

#236 2013-07-20 14:29:31

towndock
Website

Thank you all who have made this happen (eric, uli, mrdale). This is one of the plugins I almost always use – customers really like the ease of image handling.

This reborn plugin may deserve its own thread in the future… it is no longer an orphan.

#237 2013-07-23 18:37:43

uli

This plugin is somehow at war with large images, memory sided already (still to be detected where this comes from), but also because the crop area depends on pixel values. That’s the reason why the image must not be compressed by CSS rules. Hence tip 1: Remove/overwrite any of Phil’s rules that might display the main image smaller than it actually is. For Hive, overwrite .fullsize-image img, setting max-width: none;, for the other themes the selector may vary.

Tip 2: I just installed this plugin and found the cropping area horizontally distorted. As this didn’t happen before on a vanilla install, I guess it’s been my fault, Edit: Yup, somehow used the old jcrop css file. some well-intentioned edits of the admin CSS. But maybe ebl_ie doesn’t like Remora (I’m always using it on Hive so far). Anyway, should you observe something similar, here’s the CSS that cured my problems after putting it at the bottom of classic/textpattern.css:

.jcrop-holder .content-image  {
   padding: 0;
   border: 0;
   border-radius: 0;
   }
.jcrop-holder div div img {
   max-width: none;
   }

Last edited by uli (2013-07-24 14:55:50)

#238 2013-09-11 12:55:39

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Hi guys!

I have upgrade this plugin and released the 2.3 version

I have added this feature:

• Watermark: you can add a PNG watermark image at any images.
  • Check Backup: if backup image does’t exist Restore button it’s hide.
  • Hack Jquery code in some function to speed up next upgrade

I hope you can enjoy it whit new release.

#239 2013-10-05 09:19:01

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Thanks Marco,
but unfortunately it doesn’t work good for me on TXP 4.5.5,
it does crop, but not the area you selected and both the predefined sizes and lock aspect ratio are not working at all.

#240 2013-10-05 09:31:51

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Marco, to fix the issue that it does not crop the right selected area when using big photos there is a need to overwrite the main TXP CSS like this:

#page-image .txp-body,
#page-image .fullsize-image img {
	max-width: none;
}

but that still doesn’t solve the two other problems of the predefined sizes and lock aspect ratio.

Board footer