Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2013-06-19 11:47:42

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Any ideas what would break zem_event in 4.5.4

Well, those are manually updated lists, which also don’t really explain why, how and what causes the event to be invoked. Instead it listing all core events, it could explain what causes the editor form callbacks, so you can yourself do 1+1. Panel + editor = panel, editor_action. If you want to know the list of events, you are better off running the source through PHPdoc and searching for ‘event’. Each function/method describes the events it invokes. The description at least tells you what data is passed to the handler, and what causes the event to be invoked and how the identifier is formed.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-06-19 11:49:58)

#14 2013-06-19 13:36:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

In the past I’ve just removed the if/else branch in the zem_event plugin that checks for crockery (4.1.0), where it mentions include_element(). It does work and at least gets you limping along, but as Gocom says, the plugin’s pretty outdated.

Note to self: update the core callback list and include more details, until 4.6 is released when PHPDoc can take over to some extent.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-06-19 13:47:17)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2013-06-19 14:09:57

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Bloke wrote:

In the past I’ve just removed the if/else branch in the zem_event plugin that checks for crockery (4.1.0), where it mentions include_element(). It does work and at least gets you limping along, but as Gocom says, the plugin’s pretty outdated.

Oh, great! I have set the plugin type to 5, and it seems to work now: new events are saved. The only drawback is that there is no “Save” button anymore. :)

#16 2013-06-20 01:23:36

damienbuckley
Website

It seems like its the end of the road for zem_event without constant hacking with each TXP upgrade so I bit the bullet and migrated a site to Bloke’s smd_calendar – looks the same on the site, works better. Re-working everything front and back took a few hours but now I’ve done it once, I could probably do it a lot more quickly in future.

I left zem_event installed until I’d completed the migration so the dates etc could simply be copied from the zem_event block to the new custom fields and article posted section. Its working fine here:- www.apwb.net

For the few sites I have left using zem_event I’ll just be advising migrating to smd_cal with TXP upgrades over 4.4.1 from now on.

While we’re on the thread, any chance Bloke can have a look at my category Q over on smd_calendar:- http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=273144

Board footer