Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-05-17 14:14:05

Shmoo

[feedback] TextPattern Artwork where to download?

Hello everybody,

I’ve just downloaded and installed TextPattern for the first time and now I would like to create a Responsive Back-end Theme for TextPattern but where can I find the official logo’s to include in the footer and header of the pages.

Maybe I can use the default logo’s from the Classic theme but those aren’t Retina ready.

At WordPress we have a special page where people can download the real artwork.
http://wordpress.org/about/logos/

Thank you,

#2 2013-05-17 20:27:42

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [feedback] TextPattern Artwork where to download?

There’s a logo pack available at Textgarden.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#3 2013-05-17 21:25:24

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

There’s already a responsive back-end theme for Textpattern, it’s called Hive. I made it.

High resolution artwork is available here

Also, Classic theme in 4.6 nightly builds contains HiDPI (aka Retina) graphics, so download that if needed.

Finally, the admin HTML has been/is still being completely rewritten in upcoming 4.6, so if you make any admin themes now for 4.5 you’ll have to rewrite them for 4.6. Just an advanced warning.

#4 2013-05-17 22:37:48

Shmoo

Thanks for the link and the heads up on the Nightly Builds.

Just wondering is there an easy way to safely overwrite template files ?

#5 2013-05-18 00:49:33

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Here is the documentation about backs-end themes. If you need an example of an alternate ‘responsive’ backend theme, try my Sandspace theme (ok, the public release, for TXP 4.5 is not fully responsive, it will be for Textpattern version ‘next’).

PS -

… easy way to safely overwrite template files

Do you mean all the PHP files in the textpattern folder? don’t change them, imho, as i would mean a big pain to maintain if you only use your theme for your own usage, and a real mess if you make a public release of that back-end theme

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#6 2013-05-18 08:59:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Shmoo wrote:

is there an easy way to safely overwrite template files ?

Further to what phiw13 says about developing a theme, it is strongly advisable not to replace any files but to make your own theme folder under textpattern/theme. Register a three-letter prefix for your own use and use it.

If you like a particular theme as a base, you can always extend it for your new theme. That way you only need to make alterations instead of starting from scratch. Most people base their designs on one of the three core themes as that gives you a useful starting point. You can use smd_admin_themes to help create and edit your theme. 4.5.x version available.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-05-18 09:00:24)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer