Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-05-17 17:53:40

skewray
Website

[feedback] "This page is aaccessing information that is not under its control"

A co-worker was just looking at my new Textpattern installation and got the popup from IE, “This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue?”

Apparently IE thinks that my site is pulling information from another domain. I tried the same browser on a non-Textpattern domain on the same host and did not get the message. The only reference I can find to an external site is one to fonts.googleapis.com in the css.php file, but removing that doesn’t help.

#2 2013-05-17 20:06:48

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [feedback] "This page is aaccessing information that is not under its control"

If you are referring to your website linked in your profile, or the default Textpattern template in general, the warning prompts are caused by the css3-mediaqueries-js, I believe. While I, myself, have never run the default template on Windows nor on Internet Explorer, I do believe that script could generate error or two after looking at the source code.

We probably should drop the script. Phil :wink: :wink: ;)

#3 2013-05-17 21:16:05

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: [feedback] "This page is aaccessing information that is not under its control"

If we drop css3-mediaqueries-js then all browsers that dont understand CSS media queries (basically IE8) will get the mobile first design and nothing more.

Or we could replace that script with respond.js, which does the same thing but might be better? Or we could drop support for IE8 (I’d like that but it may be too soon to drop it)?

#4 2013-05-18 00:57:18

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote:

Or we could replace that script with respond.js, which does the same thing but might be better? Or we could drop support for IE8 (I’d like that but it may be too soon to drop it)?

Or you could have a separate IE 8 stylesheet in a conditional comment that ‘forces’ a desktop site for that browser (as you’re using SASS, it is not difficult to automate that). I agree that it is too soon to drop IE 8 (& Safari 5 fwiw).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#5 2013-05-18 08:44:11

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

#6 2013-05-19 21:09:26

skewray
Website

Just to wrap this up for me, do I wait until the next release, install on a temporary directory, and then compare the resulting css to what I’ve got now?

#7 2013-05-19 21:17:34

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Can do. Or you can download the latest theme files from GitHub and compare.

#8 2013-05-27 02:44:03

skewray
Website

When I cut-and-pasted the new github default.css into my mostly-default Textpattern installation, it broke (on firefox). Luckily I made a backup of the old css beforehand. There must be more to the css update than I thought.

#9 2013-05-27 02:50:57

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

skewray wrote:

When I cut-and-pasted the new github default.css into my mostly-default Textpattern installation, it broke…

There have been quite a few changes in class names and the various Textpattern forms (e.g you might have an ID on the body element, where as the latest stylesheet expects a class, from a quick look at recent activity on that repo).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#10 2013-05-27 07:57:37

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

As Philippe says, there is quite a lot of changes in the HTML of the 4.6 default theme compared to the 4.5 one, so you’d need to paste everything – including the forms and pages. Then reintroduce any customisation you made previously.

I also seem to remember there is a new tag attribue in 4.6 that is used in the theme, something to do with <txp:author /> I think (forgive me, I did it quite a few months back). I’m sure the system will warn you about that tag anyway, so just strip it out if using with 4.5 installs.

#11 2013-05-27 18:06:55

skewray
Website

Ah, that explains it. I suspect that I don’t have to change the default css anyway. Adding ie8.css and updating the pages is probably sufficient. Now if I can just find a version of ie8 to test!

Board footer