Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-01-31 12:10:23

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Minimum Theme for Textpattern

Sometimes all you want to do is write. No distractions, no overloaded sidebars. Minimum is a minimalist theme for your Textpattern site and it allows you to focus on what you want to tell the world. No comments, no need to worry about categories or sections. Just get in there and write. And make it look beautiful.

Minimum Theme

Also, you can fork it on Github if you plan on helping me fix bugs ;-)

Last edited by stephan (2013-01-31 12:36:02)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#2 2013-02-06 11:12:35

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Minimum Theme for Textpattern

Thanks to a lot of contributions by Phil and a shiny new slider this theme is now at version 1.2. If anyone feels like it, maybe you have a nice idea on how to integrate a search box that would fit the theme.

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#3 2013-02-06 13:01:14

jstubbs
Website

Nice work Stephan! Thanks for sharing.

#4 2013-02-06 13:29:36

towndock
Website

Sweet simplicity. It is great for Textpattern to have this theme available.

#5 2013-02-06 14:26:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

@Stephan

I’ll do the search integration for you – probably next weekend sometime.

#6 2013-02-08 02:30:00

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

First a nitpick (or two…): the ‘More’ button / widget overlaps the text in header on the iPodTouch/iPhone. Also, after tapping that ‘More’ button, the contents of the pane is partly off-screen on narrow screen devices.

Then a question: what is the reason for preventing the user from scaling / zooming the page on handheld devices & tablets – specifically the maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0 part below?

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0">

Not that there is much need to zoom the page to read, although I’ve seen users zooming in to make it easier to tap a link (e.g. in a list of links).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#7 2013-02-08 08:16:36

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hi Philippe,

I fixed some issues with the slide out drawer yesterday but it still needs some work as you say. I’ll probably move the ‘more’ link to the top of page at a certain breakpoint. I’ll also sprinkle some aria attributes onto it.

Didn’t think it needed user zoom since the body text is already 18px. What do you think? Allow scaling?

#8 2013-02-08 08:49:42

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote:

Didn’t think it needed user zoom since the body text is already 18px. What do you think? Allow scaling?

I don’t see any reason for preventing scaling…
I would have a hard time reading the text in the screenshot that the demo page includes, for example.
I actually see more and more sites preventing user scaling. I find that a worrying trend as I have never found a reason to prevent it. Some seem to use it to prevent iOS on iPhone to auto zoom in when filling in forms [1]. But most is just the designer exercising a wee bit too much control, in my book.

[1] Roger Johansson recently posted a nifty ‘workaround’ for that (I use it here).

#9 2013-02-10 14:18:16

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I’ve fixed the drawer so it’s responsive on smaller devices now. Also added WAI-ARIA support and some minor cosmetic tweaks. Should be in the GitHub repo soon.

#10 2013-02-10 19:40:22

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

1.3 officially released – with the drawer goodness available as of today :)
Thanks Phil!

#11 2013-02-12 13:38:20

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

The drawer is much better now :-).
There is still a smallish problem, namely that the drawer remains hidden for people with JS disabled (the coterie of Noscript extensions) – or if the js is blocked or fails to load for some reason, i.e corporate firewalls.

Perhaps adding a #drawer:target { display: block; } ? Oh, and then you have to change the href on the ‘more’ button (href="#drawer").

#12 2013-02-12 14:12:11

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Half the internet remains hidden for people with JavaScript turned off.

Seriously though, I’ll test out your example and see if it works.

Board footer