You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2173 2013-01-29 22:15:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

adriano32 wrote:

What kind of solution suites for you

Well G4W is simply handy because I wanted something quick and didn’t have inclination to learn yet another VCS syntax to fog my already crowded brain (which is already chock full of SVN and HG commands). But I know one day I’m going to have to learn it.

In that case I can either use the handy Git Shell that G4W provides (although I’ve had limited luck with it actually doing anything as it errors out a lot due to the fact I also have Windows PowerShell as my default cmd prompt which doesn’t appear to be installed correctly wrt environment vars) or just go for the full git system.

The reason I didn’t originally install git command line itself was because it was about 5 trillion GB. Believe it or not the GUI version was lighter in both resources and filesize, which suits my ageing hardware better.

The other slight spanner in the works with both a batch file and pre-commit hooks is that I’d probably need to have PHP running in the background to actually do the compilation. That means remembering to run XAMPP, which annoyingly conflicts with bloody Skype unless I start XAMPP first.

Bottom line is that Windoze really does suck for dev and I really really need to get off it and use Linux full time. But to do that I need a better computer because I can then run Windoze in a VM to run my music sw.

Y’know it might just be easier to install ied_plugin_composer on my MLP test site and just get into the habit of exporting the .txt file by hand!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2174 2013-01-29 23:42:41

ru

hey,

this is something related to the enviroment, not the mlp/txp version!

i tried the following configuration on two setups:

Textpattern version: 4.5.4 (r4919)
mlp-4.5.2.20121204

my locale dev machine (xampp 1.7.7):
windows7 64
apache 2.2.21
php 5.3.8
mysql 5.5.16

my test machine
debian 2.6.32-5-amd64
apache 2.2.16 (Debian)
php 5.3.3-7+squeeze14
mysql 5.1.66-0+squeeze1

on my dev machine it works,
on the test system (debian) it does not.

is there something i could check for you?
logs, config files etc?

xampp runs in its default configuration as well as the debian system does

#2175 2013-01-30 00:49:34

adriano32

Bloke, convertor can be written f.e. using VBS for Windows because base64 and md5 functions are avaliable for it.

I’ll try to write it today.

#2176 2013-01-30 21:14:52

ru

ru wrote:
i am able to create new articles, but when i try to update some, it does not change.

Bloke wrote:
Hmm, this has been a recurring theme over the past few weeks. Would you be able to please do me a favour, check out the repo master branch and try that version instead. It works for me, but there aren’t enough field trials yet to determine if that version squashes this Write panel bug. Any feedback would be incredibly useful, thanks.

hey bloke,
i tried it and have on both systems (windows7 / debian) the same behavior:

• updating of already existing articles works
  • creating of new articles does work too.
  • updating of new articles does only work if i have content for both languages (de, en).

if the recently created article exists just in german (default) i get the following errormessage via alert():

Internal error “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1
select * from l10n_articles where `ID`=”.

#2177 2013-01-30 21:29:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ru wrote:

updating of new articles does only work if i have content for both languages (de, en).

Aha! Excellent sleuthing, thanks. That gives me something to work on. Confirmed bug, reproducible. Time to stomp it out.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#2178 2013-01-30 22:00:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

OK, try that please. Not convinced that’s the root cause but the error message seems to have gone.

#2179 2013-01-31 21:14:16

ru

Bloke wrote:

OK, try that please. Not convinced that’s the root cause but the error message seems to have gone.

hey bloke,
it looks like its working!

the sql error is gone and updating works!
and now on both systems, windows and linux.

#2180 2013-01-31 23:38:00

uli

Stef, now that this error seems fixed: which is the correct download link now so I can keep the first post in synch with the state of the art, this one?
https://github.com/Bloke/MLP/archive/master.zip

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#2181 2013-01-31 23:46:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote:

which is the correct download link now

I still need to package up the release into something presentable, export the plugin .txt file, bump version numbers and then upload it to my site. Waiting on Jonathan to reply to my email as I can’t figure out to which site he’s referring. I don’t know if his problems are related to the one ru highlighted or not.

Was messing about in Mercurial the other day and found hg tags. No doubt git has a similar feature that I need to read up on. If it does, it means I can tag releases directly on github and then (hopefully) people can download particular versions directly there instead of from my site. That’ll save me hassle and mean we don’t have to keep download links up to date.

Anyone who’s used such tagging wizardry on github, feel free to give me a crash course so I can do it in the best manner, thanks.

#2182 2013-02-01 00:19:24

maniqui
Website

Bloke wrote:

(…) bump version numbers (…)

BTW, I’ve noticed this on plugins/sources/l10n.php

$plugin['version'] = '4.5.1';

(but 4.5.2 has been already released).

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2183 2013-02-01 00:24:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maniqui wrote:

$plugin[‘version’] = ’4.5.1’; (but 4.5.2 has been already released).

Drat. I suck at version control.

#2184 2013-02-01 00:38:55

maniqui
Website

Regarding the feature implemented by adriano32, that, If I got right, all it does is: if browser lang is configured, and it matches the default website language, the lang marker is removed from all URLs and the user is not redirected to example.com/[default-lang-mark], correct?

I see you already included it on master branch, and I understand this new behavior isn’t optional (correct?).
If so, could you consider making it an option?

Thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer