Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2161 2013-01-21 19:48:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

jens31 wrote:

5 minutes later txp is back again. halleluja. but what was it..?

Didn’t sound friendly whatever it was. Probably somebody at the hosting company made a configuration boo boo or was performing an upgrade of MySQL. I assume it would have been accompanied by a flurry of coarse language and furious typing while they got everything running again.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2162 2013-01-21 20:21:49

els

gour wrote:

Only on that?

Only initially, of course the visitors can switch to another language as long as you provide the links.

#2163 2013-01-28 16:55:41

jstubbs
Website

Hi Stef, any updates on the possible InnoDB bug? Hope its a simple fix…

#2164 2013-01-28 17:01:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

Hi Stef, any updates on the possible InnoDB bug? Hope its a simple fix…

Did you try the latest repo to see if it got rid of the problems? And also did it fix the ‘Form could not be submitted’ thing?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#2165 2013-01-28 22:31:28

ru

hey,

today i came across a strange issue:

i updated my dev instance from 4.4.1 to 4.5.4 and the latest mlp.
with the new version i am able to create new articles, but when i try to update some, it does not change.
i looked at the db, the change is in the textpattern table, but not in the localized.

does somebody have an idea what i can check in addition to the db?
txp didn’t show me any error.

#2166 2013-01-28 23:20:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ru wrote:

i am able to create new articles, but when i try to update some, it does not change.

Hmm, this has been a recurring theme over the past few weeks. Would you be able to please do me a favour, check out the repo master branch and try that version instead. It works for me, but there aren’t enough field trials yet to determine if that version squashes this Write panel bug. Any feedback would be incredibly useful, thanks.

#2167 2013-01-29 02:42:56

jstubbs
Website

Yes I did try the latest repo about a week ago and it didn’t work (as in, the changes saved in the Write tab do not display on the public side). Downloaded it again just now to try again, but no success. For reference, I replaced all the files in /lib along with the two plugins in the repo.

This is on the site where you have a login Stef, in case you want to check.

Last time I tried the repo I also checked the DB to see if the changes were saved there after editing in the Write tab, but they were not.

#2168 2013-01-29 16:01:32

maniqui
Website

I’m about to tinker with latest stable Txp (4.5.4) and latest MLP commit (from master branch).

Bloke, regarding the repo version, are the compiled plugins (ie. the .txt installers) up to date with latest changes in source code? Or one should install the plugins (using those .txt installers) and then overwrite the installed code with the source code?

Errr… let me reformulate the question: are the .txt installers re-compiled before each commit you make?

Thanks.

PS: which versions of Txp and MLP are known to place nice together as of today? Txp 4.5.2 and…?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2169 2013-01-29 17:39:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs

OK, I’ll log in and have a tinker, thanks for trying.

maniqui

are the .txt installers re-compiled before each commit you make?

No, because my git-fu is lacking and I don’t know how to do pre-commit hooks so they can be recompiled on the fly from the source. Any ideas?

which versions of Txp and MLP are known to place nice together as of today? Txp 4.5.2 and…?

Well, for me it’s 4.5.4 and master branch, but for others it isn’t, so there must be something else (PHP version? MySQL version?) getting in the way. Hopefully I’ll know more once I’ve had a go at debugging Jonathan’s site.

#2170 2013-01-29 19:02:38

maniqui
Website

Thanks, Bloke.

So, I’ll then try with Txp 4.5.4 and master branch, as I like to live in the edge :P. No, really, to be able to give some feedback.
Re: doing pre-commit hooks: I don’t know either (I’ve used some hooks, but not that one). Here is the chapter on Git Hooks.
Alternatively (and please, don’t hate me for suggesting this), just compile them as you always do and add them to the commit, manually. :)

@jstubbs: in relation to my questions to Bloke: could it be that you are installing the plugins from the .txt installers but not “upgrading” them to latest changes (tip of master branch) by overwriting the plugins code with the code from /source/ folder?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2171 2013-01-29 19:14:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

maniqui wrote:

I’ll then try with Txp 4.5.4 and master branch, as I like to live in the edge :P. No, really, to be able to give some feedback.

Thanks, appreciated.

compile them as you always do and add them to the commit, manually. :)

Yeah, guess I’m just lazy ‘cos I don’t always remember to do that. Plus ied_plugin_composer isn’t installed on my MLP test site because I want it to be as virgin as possible. So it would require me installing the plugin somewhere else, copying and pasting the code over, saving, exporting, downloading, renaming, copying to the repo and committing. That smacks of effort :-) Even if I put the composer on the MLP test site I’d have to do the last five steps which is still five steps too many in my book every time I make a change. Gotta be a neat way of automating it but I never quite understood the Hooks chapter, nor have I figured how to do it from my UI of choice which is currently GitHub for windows.

In this case, the changes to the l10n plugin are nothing to do with Jonathan’s problem because the changes only affect the public URL structure, not the admin side.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-01-29 19:32:44)

#2172 2013-01-29 21:30:14

adriano32

Hi, Bloke! According to stackoverflow Github for Windows does not support pre-commit hooks.

What kind of solution suites for you: to use another git client (which supports pre-commit hook) or someone (possible me) will write batch-file for generating txt?

Board footer