Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-01-23 11:42:32

gour

[textile] discrepancy in rendering bq.

Hello!

I notice that there is discrepancy between rendering of

bq. 

in ‘preview’ mode and published article.

Here is the example how does it look in preview

and here is the published version:

Of course, I’d prefer to have ‘published’ version, but the problem is that it’s rendered ‘out-of-context’ since the quote should come after “There are host of…” sentence.

Any hint?

#2 2013-01-23 12:12:05

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: [textile] discrepancy in rendering bq.

I revisited my styling of the blockquote display after 4.5 came out as I wasn’t particularly happy with the way I’d laid it out, you can see the newer 4.6 styling on this page if you scroll down to blockquote example.

If you want to use the 4.6 version of the front-side theme, you’ll need to left it from my GitHub repo. Follow the instructions there and it should be pretty straightforward (you don’t need to be running Textpattern 4.6 pre-releases to use it).

#3 2013-01-23 13:17:59

uli

Without further research: have a look at which stylesheets are being loaded for both article views. I guess(!) the preview is made of the default section’s styles, whereas you might be expecting those of another section. But like I said: not tested.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2013-01-23 13:40:17

gour

philwareham wrote:

I revisited my styling of the blockquote display after 4.5 came out as I wasn’t particularly happy with the way I’d laid it out, you can see the newer 4.6 styling on this page if you scroll down to blockquote example.

I must say I’m not unhappy with the style of blockquote rendering in 4.5, but the problem is that I don’t get quote where I want to…iow. problem is in the flow.

If you want to use the 4.6 version of the front-side theme, you’ll need to left it from my GitHub repo. Follow the instructions there and it should be pretty straightforward (you don’t need to be running Textpattern 4.6 pre-releases to use it).

Thanks. I’m still playing with txp before fully migrating my sites, but, still, with certainty I can say that I’m sorry for not discovering it earlier and the support here is really great!!

I hope to be able to give my fair contribution to the project in every possible way.

btw, how far is 4.6 release?

#5 2013-01-23 13:46:49

gour

uli wrote:

Without further research: have a look at which stylesheets are being loaded for both article views.

Well, no matter which stylesheets are used, I’d like my blockquote to appear on the logical place and not being displaced far away from its context.

The way it is rendered now, looks more like isolated quote.

#6 2013-01-24 02:03:00

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

gour wrote:

btw, how far is 4.6 release?

I would say summer the earliest, up to fall or even closer to winter. We don’t set dates or live by forced schedules, but its not tomorrow or the day after.

Board footer