Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-02-28 15:24:25

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Declare a schema for content

Yesterday I implemented the HTML5 microdata structure from Schema.org into the upcoming default front-side theme for Textpattern 4.5. Was pretty straightforward I think (still need to test it thoroughly though so may be some bugs to squash).

Today A List Apart publish an article along similar lines.

That got me thinking, it would be nice if we could define a schema for content at a tag level. Or even per individual content via a drop down list or something.

Would be a real selling point for Textpattern in the future. Especially given that Textpattern’s flexibility allows you to generate some of the cleanest HTML of any CMS.

Last edited by philwareham (2012-02-28 15:26:04)

#2 2013-01-09 13:04:53

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Declare a schema for content

I’m gonna bump this.

It would be handy to have at least the HTML5 itemprop attribute allowed on certain tags, like on the <txp:image> tag for example. If you’re talking of content chunks in the future then this is the first tentative step towards that dream I think.

#3 2013-01-09 14:24:31

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Declare a schema for content

philwareham wrote:

It would be handy to have at least the HTML5 itemprop attribute allowed on certain tags, like on the <txp:image> tag for example.

For performance reasons, I wouldn’t multiply tags attributes.

<txp:etc_query data='<txp:image />' query="img" replace="@@itemprop=image" />

will do it, but yes, it would be great to have a native way to append (modify/remove) any attribute to any tag.

Board footer