Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-01-04 22:31:53

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

[textile] Textile chewing up textpattern tags

I’m running into an issue today and I though always worked, including textpattern tags in an article parsed with textile.

for example trying to wrap a image tag with a link.

"<txp:image id='1'>":/goes/somewhere

Spits out

<p><a href="/goes/somewhere" style="text-align:left;">txp:image id=‘1’&gt;</a></p>

"<txp:image id="1">":/goes/somewhere

spits out

<p>“<txp:image id="1">“:/goes/somewhere</p>

Not exactly sure why the a is getting a alignment style when I didn’t set one, unless it’s picking up on the “<” from the <txp:image id='1'>

Is there a way to prevent textpattern tags from being encoded like this? I have used combinations of textile link and textpattern image tags before I though and it’s worked. Maybe a setting deep down in TXP?

#2 2013-01-04 23:32:08

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [textile] Textile chewing up textpattern tags

ecklesroad wrote:

Not exactly sure why the a is getting a alignment style when I didn’t set one, unless it’s picking up on the “<” from the <txp:image id='1'>

Textile treats any modification glyphs as literal modification glyphs no matter what the context is. It doesn’t really care what one gives it, where it be HTML or propriety templating language. If you start inline element’s content with opening HTML tag (or any other chevron language), the tag’s bracket will be picked up as an alignment option.

If you do want to use HTML or any other tag language, like Textpattern’s server-side templating language inside an inline element, start the content with a space, or some other white-space character. This makes sure the bracket is not considered as an alignment option.

For example, the following:

" <txp:image id='1' />":/goes/somewhere

Genetates:

<p><a href="/goes/somewhere"><txp:image id='1' /></a></p>

#3 2013-01-04 23:40:28

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

Ok that make sense and I can replicate it on this side. How about something like this:

" <txp:image id='1'>":/<txp:section />/somewhere
Generates
<p>“ <txp:image id='1'>“:/<txp:section />/somewhere</p>

Maybe i’m just pushing my luck here….

#4 2013-01-05 00:56:56

GugUser

"!/images/1.jpg!":/goes/somewhere or with a white space at the beginning if you don’t need the paragraph  "!/images/1.jpg!":/goes/somewhere.

Last edited by GugUser (2013-01-05 00:59:40)

Board footer