Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-11-29 01:02:11

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

4.6-dev: minor nitpick - diagnostics doesn't show the svn rev number a

It is useful for communications and bug reports… That long hash number doesn’t really ‘talk’ to me.

from the Diagnostics pane:

Textpattern version: 4.6-dev (58398062a18ed12035153dcbd053cc72)
Last update: 2012-11-15 23:54:38/2012-10-28 00:59:18

Note also the bogus last update date (I updated to r4846 10minutes ago or so).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2012-11-29 02:23:01

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: 4.6-dev: minor nitpick - diagnostics doesn't show the svn rev number a

Textpattern no longer uses SVN headers to offer compatibility with other version control systems, like git. Thus, there is no revisions to display. The previous revision number was just an extract from the file headers, offering no confirmation or validation. Just plain extract.

The update time is only updated on updates (e.g. releases or when patch file is modified). In other words, when the update patch file is run — basically when database structure is updated. It’s not tied in your local working copy or file modification dates.

The first value is the time when database scheme was updated by a patch update file and the second one is the modification date of textpattern/update/_update.php.

#3 2012-11-29 04:53:34

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: 4.6-dev: minor nitpick - diagnostics doesn't show the svn rev number a

Gocom wrote:

Textpattern no longer uses SVN headers to offer compatibility with other version control systems, like git. Thus, there is no revisions to display. The previous revision number was just an extract from the file headers, offering no confirmation or validation. Just plain extract.

Hmm, OK. I must have missed that part. Not a huge issue, I can always keep track with svn info; or, my email client does a good job as well.

The update time is only updated on updates (e.g. releases or when patch file is modified). In other words, when the update patch file is run — basically when database structure is updated. It’s not tied in your local working copy or file modification dates.

The first value is the time when database scheme was updated by a patch update file and the second one is the modification date of textpattern/update/_update.php.

Thanks for explaining.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer