Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2089 2012-11-14 11:11:51

roughnecks

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

I just removed the “non-showing” comment and added a new one: seems to work but i’m still puzzled.

#2090 2012-11-17 02:09:52

jstubbs
Website

Just noticed that the latest version of MLP does not display translations for the various custom field snippets – snip-custom_1_set etc – wtih glz_custom_fields installed (also latest version). Anyone else run across this slight annoyance?

Not related, but also noticed that after creating a text area with glz_cf it gets placed between the Body and Excerpt text areas. Which is not wonderful.

#2091 2012-11-17 03:01:34

jstubbs
Website

The page title doesn’t get translated either: <txp:page_title />. Trying to find the snippet or string that controls that, anyone know?

#2092 2012-11-17 16:21:58

els

Do you mean the output of the site_name tag, Jonathan? Other components of the page_title tag are category title and article title (those won’t be a problem), and “Search results” and “Comments on” (these are existing language strings). As far as I know there is no string for the site name itself, I guess because it’s not likely that it is different in other languages… You’ll have to build the page title manually, if you still want to do that. There is a snippet for site_slogan, in Snippets > Specials.

#2093 2012-11-18 00:46:32

jstubbs
Website

Ah I do seem to recall now that the page_title does not have a snippet for translation. Think its buried somewhere in this thread, but I couldn’t find it with a search.

But the custom field translations should work – snip-custom_1_set, snip-custom_2_set and snip-custom_3_set all have translations in three languages. I am referring to the custom field title output in the Write tab. Only the actual name of the custom field is displaying i.e Meta_description instead of Meta tag description in English.

Changing the Admin side language changes all the titles, so wondering why this doesn’t happen with custom fields and MLP?

#2094 2012-11-18 01:43:57

els

jstubbs wrote:

Changing the Admin side language changes all the titles, so wondering why this doesn’t happen with custom fields and MLP?

Well, it does in my installations… if it’s a glz_cf issue shouldn’t you be asking over there? Apologies if I’m missing something, but I’ve never used that plugin so I don’t even know if it’s supposed to be MLP compatible.

#2095 2012-11-19 16:52:47

lonelytraveller

Hello! I’ve just made a Fresh 4.5.2 install together with latest version of MLP (version mlp-4.5.x-v02-20121018).
Whenever I try to create a new category I get an alert that says “Internal error “’‘ is not an integer” and if I click on the “ok” button below I get to a blank page with just an error message: I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that. I think category cat_article_create is no safe operation at this time.

I can still modify the existing categories (that is the ones installed by default in any new Txp website) but cannot create new ones. The problem is just with categories (articles, images, files or link cat): I can publish and clone articles and create sections.

If I disable the l10n plug-in the problem disappears. Did someone experienced the same problem? I need to deploy this site asap, so for the moment I disabled the plugin, created a couple of new categories, and then switched the plug-in back on, but this is just a workaround.

=============
Update: I turned on the Debug mode and now I get an error page (no alert box) with more details:

Internal error "'' is not an integer"
in /Users/caterina_chimenti/Sites/pangea/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php at line 2674.
adminErrorHandler()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:2674 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/l10n_admin.php:1438 assert_int()
_l10n_category_save()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:854 call_user_func_array()

The error is clearly related to l10n and the lib files that come with MLP. I hope this can be useful for further MLP development.

Last edited by lonelytraveller (2012-11-20 21:17:50)

#2096 2012-11-22 14:43:22

hildebruns

Hello,
i have the same problem like “lonelytraveller”. TXP:4.5.2, MLP:4.5.1.
An i can´t display Articles related to a category. Nothing happens, no Error etc.

#2097 2012-11-22 16:07:28

ellenb

Bloke schrieb:

jstubbs wrote:

1. Disable l10n and gbp_admin_library plugins
  2. Logout
  3. Upload core files
  4. Upload MLP’s lib directory (either overwriting the core’s txplib_db.php with the one in MLP, or renaming the original txplib_db.php in case you want to revert the pack later)
  5. Login to the admin side, let Txp update itself, check diagnostics, yahde yahde
  6. Install new versions of gbp_admin_library and l10n, then enable them
  7. Visit any admin tab to have the MLP upgrade script run automatically
  8. Enjoy MLP

Hi, I just did the update as you described but using the txplib_db.php file from your download package results in a blank page (front end and back end). I have to overwrite it with the TXP 4.5.2 original file to be able to login again. The front end then shows this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function l10n_installed() in /var/www/web1/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(812) : eval()’d code on line 400

Any suggestions what’s going wrong?

#2098 2012-11-22 20:11:08

els

ellenb, if you have the original (Textpattern’s) txplib_db.php, it’s expected to get errors; you really need the MLP file. It should work if you perform the upgrade as described, so it seems a good idea to try again. Make sure you upload all MLP files, as listed here. The way I always do it (steps may be in a slightly different order but I know for certain that this works) is described here.

lonelytraveler and hildebruns, sorry I can’t help you, you’ll have to wait for Bloke/Stef to jump in…

#2099 2012-11-22 20:31:56

els

And txpforge.org is back up! :) Thank you, Graeme!

#2100 2012-12-01 21:53:10

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

If a plugin installs strings in multiple languages using a textpack, can MLP use those strings? Specifically, if ZCR dropped the zem_contact_lang plugin and switched to textpacks, would that upset MLP users?

Board footer