Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-10-20 10:46:17

jstubbs
Website

Read Stef's blog. Now

We probably need the equivalent of TextDrivel on Joyent (aptly named – its complete codswallop) and its latest incarnation on TextDrive part deux (also named TextDrivel for some reason!!) here on Textpattern.

If you haven’t yet, read Stef’s blog. It is full of useful things, such as ways to win the lottery, the joys of Slough (if you’ve ever been there you’ll understand!) along with advice on the correct procedure for leaving bags in the check-in area.

Or don’t bother. Up to you!

Last edited by jstubbs (2012-10-20 15:04:03)

#2 2012-10-20 12:18:28

els

Re: Read Stef's blog. Now

jstubbs wrote:

If you haven’t yet, read Stef’s blog.

Wow, is that another smd_plugin that calculates the reading time from the article’s lenght? ;)

#3 2012-10-20 14:03:12

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Ahhhhh blog … Not bog as the title appears to suggest. Jonathan, I thought that you were going to give us all the info Stef did not want us to know:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2012-10-20 15:04:31

jstubbs
Website

Oh shit….ok I edited the subject line!

#5 2012-10-20 16:04:25

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

jstubbs wrote:

We probably need the equivalent of TextDrivel on Joyent (aptly named – its complete codswallop) and its latest incarnation on TextDrive part deux (also named TextDrivel for some reason!!) here on Textpattern.

We used to have a “textpatter” forum some time ago. I think it was the one which is currently named “general discussions”.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2012-10-21 07:18:52

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

jstubbs wrote:

If you haven’t yet, read Stef’s blog.

And notice the clever way to increase the number of page hits by changing the top-right image on each page refresh. :)

#7 2012-10-21 08:02:37

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ruud wrote:

And notice the clever way to increase the number of page hits by changing the top-right image on each page refresh. :)

Hehe, a primitive cache-buster :-) WIthout that, the minor random text changes on every page aren’t always picked up by some browsers which gives you the same page twice. Can’t have that!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#8 2012-10-22 10:23:58

Destry
Website

jstubbs wrote:

I think we need less forums, not more (the new TxD2 forum is ideal right now). I have a hard time finding anything in this forum anymore.

“TextDrivel” and “Textpatter” are both Deanisms, of course. “General Discussion” replaced the latter because nobody knew what the hell Textpatter meant. It was kind of cute in 2004. Not so much after 8+ years.

You got it right posting here. ;)

Board footer