Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2012-09-07 06:40:40

Destry
Website

Re: smd_bio : store additional biographical info about your users

Caleb,

I can’t respond to your question, sorry, but I am intrigued with your authoring setup. Can you describe that a little more from a conceptual point of view? What exactly is your editorial workflow and how does that structure with smd_bio fit into it?

#218 2012-09-07 11:01:45

cabes

I should probably be using something other than textpattern to do this, but I thought I should give it a shot since I like it. I am trying to build a mini portal for teams, which are comprised of a team leader, team members, and then clients assigned to each team member. There are only about 2 or three clients per team member, so its really not too huge. I want each person to be able to login on the front end and see the basic data for their subordinates, as well as any information specifically for them. I have assigned permission levels for each group and can do some sorting that way, but its not very useful for specificity. So I made the reportto field in smd_bio and am trying to use that to link users to other users. Does that make any sense?

I got the specific information working by just allowing the team leader to make articles with the information, and changing the author to point to the right person. Then I just show only show the user logged in its own articles.

I could put the client information for each team member in those articles, but since it is basic information I could already have entered into smd_bio, it would be nice to just change the “reportto” field to a different username and it automatically show up when the team member.

If I can figure this out, then hopefully it will work the same for the team leader, and they will be able to see all the basic information for their specific team members. So like a little tree hierarchy.

Thanks!
Caleb

#219 2012-10-13 21:12:56

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

hello steph

I play with smd_bio 0.4 beta and I noticed a small bug with attribute wraptag :

<smd_bio_info wraptag="div" class="youpi">

result:

<div class="youpi">
   <div class="youpi">
      content
   </div>
</div>

The “wraptag” is doubled

#220 2012-10-15 13:22:53

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

hello Steph,

Another strang behavior (0.4 beta).
Since update 4.5 (4.5.1 (r4105)), I can not display a newly created field:

I created a field called website type url.

website is created in the table and smd_bio_meta and information entered are stored in the smd_bio table.

But impossible to display informations on the front with {smd_bio_website} or <txp:smd_bio_data field="website" />

No problem with field created before update…

————

And I think we should review the html tagging for a better integration with the new back office

#221 2012-10-15 13:28:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sacripant wrote:

impossible to display informations on the front with {smd_bio_website} or <txp:smd_bio_data field="website" />

Thanks for the report and the one about the double wraptag. I’ll look at these this afternoon for you.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#222 2012-10-31 18:22:50

robhert
Website

Hi Stef!

I need to do this:

Show a list of writers (columnist) in front page, (title of the article, photo and name of the author).

I did this:

<txp:smd_bio_info fields="foto" label="">
        <txp:thumbnail id="{smd_bio_foto}" />
       </txp:smd_bio_info>
       <txp:author link="1" section="opinion" /><txp:title />

In front page I see 7 times the photo of the author, and I don’t know how to limit to 1, the articles per author. Can you give me a hand with this?

Last edited by robhert (2012-10-31 18:23:37)

#223 2013-01-31 22:36:04

whaleen
Website

It appears a checkbox(es) widget does not work. Is it meant to on the front-side? It accepts comma separated values and shows the corresponding number of checkboxes under the smd_bio tab but on the front of site, using a widget, I get only only checkbox which does nothing.

Anyone know a way to get these checkboxes working on the front-side? I feel like I’m missing something obvious here. Thanks y’all.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#224 2013-02-24 14:09:40

jstubbs
Website

New to this plugin so maybe I’m missing the obvious – I’m trying to output the author image in an author list page. So far, all items are displaying except the image.

Using 4.5.4 with smd_bio 0.3.1

Bio Config values:

Name Title Type Size Value
image image Image 60,60 (empty)

When I visit the Users tab, I see two image fields – one is a text field titled “image” and the next is a select dropdown with a list of all the images in TXP. Choosing an image and pressing “save” results in the image apparently not being saved.

On the front side I have:

<txp:smd_bio_info items="image">
<txp:thumbnail id="{smd_bio_image}" />
</txp:smd_bio_info>

Not sure if I missed something?

Last edited by jstubbs (2013-02-24 14:10:23)

#225 2013-02-25 10:16:56

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

Not sure if I missed something?

You’ve not missed anything — the plugin is in dire need of a remodel for 4.5.x. Even the current beta 0.40 doesn’t save stuff properly because jQuery has changed, the HTML is all over the place, etc. I’ll try to do it today and get a new version available, sorry for the lackadaisical attitude to my plugins of late.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-02-25 10:17:14)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#226 2013-02-25 10:53:59

jstubbs
Website

Well don’t rush on my account – I figured out that the first “image” field in Bio Config related to the #id number of the image. Entering an #id results in the image displaying so all good!

Preferably I wanted a Gravatar image to display, and I found that glx_gravatar does the job, so I’ve replaced the smd_bio_image for now. Thanks Stef!

#227 2013-02-26 12:40:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

For everyone having problems with smd_bio 0.40 under Txp 4.5.x, please try the latest beta. Think I’ve squashed all the issues reported in the last few posts and have extended the system even further with some conditional tags and <txp:smd_bio_data> items to help you roll your own custom bios more easily.

As always, please drop feedback here. Sorry for the delay getting this one into shape.

#228 2013-02-26 13:42:50

jstubbs
Website

OK I’ve just downloaded the latest (0.40?) version from the “beta” button and installed on the new TXP Tips. So far, first comment is that it would be helpful to add a note that in the Users tab the first image field refers to the image #number. Everything else looks ok at first look, thanks!

Board footer