Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-21 06:22:55

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Persian translations always shows as if an update is available

Running up-to-date SVN builds on localhost (2 different installs):
Under Preferences > Languages, the Persian language file always shows up as if an update is available (highlighted in the list) (when installed, of course). I’ve uninstalled (removed) and reinstalled it, but nothing changes.

That is the only lang file that shows that issue (I’ve 6 other languages installed). Interestingly, it has a different date than all (or most) other languages: August 9 vs August 7.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2012-08-21 09:39:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Persian translations always shows as if an update is available

Good catch. After a bit of sleuthing I can see why, but I don’t know how to fix it at the moment.

Background: When you Install or click Update it goes to the RPC server, retrieves the strings and the last modification date of each string. The most recent string to be altered is then used as the lastmod date in your local database after it has performed the update/installation.

Normally this means that the Update button only appears when the modification dates differ BUT in the case of Persian (and I suspect some other languages) the most recently updated string was a ‘setup’ string. The RPC data block has the last modification timestamp of any string, but the setup strings themselves are ignored (i.e. not transmitted) during updates to the local database.

The upshot is that the lastmod timestamp of the most recently updated (in this case setup) string on the server is greater than the last received timestamp (which is some other string: in this case txpstriptags) so the local installation thinks the strings are stale and offers the update option.

Tl;dr: The RPC update script was modified recently to ignore setup strings. It needs fixing to transmit the most recent modified timestamp of non-setup strings. I’ve no idea where that script resides atm. If I find it I’ll fix it, but if not then Robert knows where it is.

Thanks for spotting this one.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-08-21 09:40:50)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2012-08-22 13:39:35

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

This should be fixed now.

#4 2012-08-22 13:54:33

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

wet wrote:

This should be fixed now.

Yup, no more problems atm. Ty.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer