Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2012-07-17 11:31:45

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Yoko for Textpattern

What about comments and contact? You need to define a contact email-address in the yoko-theme-variables tab. For comments, you need to do some tweaking (see here: http://yoko.yauh.de/articles/installation-of-the-theme).
Let me know if anything is still unclear to you.

Last edited by stephan (2012-07-17 11:31:56)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#50 2012-07-18 07:26:49

spud693

Hi, thanks for getting back to me again. I have my email address in yoko variables, but if I try to send a message using it I just get ‘Sorry, unable to send email’. I have followed the instructions on your link but it still doesn’t email me to advise that somebody has commented on a post, so I can moderate it.

Thanks,

#51 2012-07-18 16:13:38

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Is sendmail configured on your host machine? It sounds like email cannot be send in general. Depending on your linux distro and setup the steps may vary. It is important to make sure that you can email, for example using sendmail on the command line. Something like:

$ echo -e “Subject: It works” | /usr/sbin/sendmail -v yourmail@example.com

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#52 2012-07-19 23:39:13

spud693

Thanks for getting back to me – I’m looking into getting send mail sorted, I’ll let you know how I get on!

#53 2013-04-09 23:22:01

FlaJunkie

I changed the image in the header…it does not show, in fact the old one does, until I rename it in the header folder, then nothing shows. Is there some magic button to push to force it to refresh the image name?

#54 2013-04-10 08:07:33

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

How exactly did you change the image in the header? It should work if you

1. Upload your image to a location accessible from your webhost (ex. images/header.png)
  2. Navigate to Presentation -> Yoko Variables
  3. Adjust the value for the variable header_image_name from tpl/yoko/assets/images/headers/ginko.jpg to images/header.png

If you follow this magic you’ll be successful. Unless I screwed up and made a mistake somewhere in the temp ate/variable logic)

Also, if you use Chrome hit refresh like a maniac – this caches quite a bit and might still have the old ginko image.

Last edited by stephan (2013-04-10 08:08:26)

#55 2013-04-10 12:02:04

FlaJunkie

stephan wrote:

How exactly did you change the image in the header? It should work if you

1. Upload your image to a location accessible from your webhost (ex. images/header.png)
  2. Navigate to Presentation -> Yoko Variables
  3. Adjust the value for the variable header_image_name from tpl/yoko/assets/images/headers/ginko.jpg to images/header.png

If you follow this magic you’ll be successful. Unless I screwed up and made a mistake somewhere in the temp ate/variable logic)

Also, if you use Chrome hit refresh like a maniac – this caches quite a bit and might still have the old ginko image.

Stephan: I did it exactly that way. I uploaded a new image (LT.png – it worked) and changed it with the Yoko Variables. But it was too large an image, size wise for my satisfaction so I changed it again to a different (LT.jpg) 200K image (in the Yoko Variables) and the first image I loaded (LT.png) continues to show up. In fact when I delete LT.png from my “blog/tpl/yoko/assets/images/headers” directory, nothing shows as a live header image! A peek at source shows the original change to LT.png. FYI, I am one level down from the root for my blog, as I use root/blog instead of root. I am also in “testing” mode of TextPattern.

I try website pages in IE10, Nightly, Chrome 26…, and Opera 12.15.

I am not a newbie to php/MySQL, but I am puzzled where to change things in your code, so do you have another idea for me to follow?

P.S. I have some feedback on the Yoko installation process for you later.

#56 2013-04-10 12:05:45

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Is there a way to check the site? You can email me the url if you want to.

#57 2013-04-10 17:54:09

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Things appear to be working as expected after the aks_cache was disabled. It is a nice idea for sites in production, but during the initial setup you might wish to disable it if you plan on making lots of changes. Otherwise things will stay like this for quite some time (maximum of hours, not days).

#58 2013-05-23 11:15:00

plot

stephan wrote:

Currently Facebook Open Graph Meta tags are added already. Have a look at the form yoko_opengraph as it may do what you want already. It is included into the header.

<!-- opengraph -->
<txp:if_individual_article>
<meta property="og:title" content="<txp:title no_widow='0' />"> 
<txp:else />
<meta property="og:title" content="<txp:site_name />"> 
</txp:if_individual_article>
<meta property="og:description" content="<txp:etz_striptags><txp:rss_auto_excerpt showlinkwithexcerpt="0" /></txp:etz_striptags>">
<meta property="og:type" content="article">
<meta property="og:image" content="<txp:site_url /><txp:variable name="site_logo" />">

<txp:if_individual_article>
<meta property="og:url" content="<txp:smd_canonical type="url" />">
<txp:else />
<meta property="og:url" content="<txp:site_url />">
<meta property="og:type" content="blog" />
</txp:if_individual_article>

<meta property="og:site_name" content="<txp:site_name />">
<txp:chh_if_data>
  <meta property="fb:appid" content="<txp:variable name="facebook_application_id" />">
</txp:chh_if_data>
<!-- end opengraph -->

Hi, I’m just a beginner trying get facebook share to work on my news site. So I have a simple question: Where should I put this? In the article / single news form before the news title or in the header form before <body>. Is there need code in other places, like both in the header and the article form?

{Edited to separate question from code. – Uli}

Last edited by uli (2013-05-23 12:21:20)

#59 2013-05-28 09:25:59

plot

I now have it in the header form but it’s not working there either. I had the code in the single news form before and it didn’t work there.

Board footer