Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2012-07-11 15:28:22

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: rah_comment_spam

lisabelle wrote:

When I activate it the comments are moderated altough “moderate comments” is disabled.

Comments will end up to moderation queue if rah_sitemap’s blocking method is set as moderate and comment is flagged as spam by the filters. If this is happening a lot, see if you can loosen the filtering rules, like for example up the posting quota and interval or remove common words from blacklisted words.

#62 2012-07-14 16:52:41

lisabelle

Hi Gocom,

I enabled “What to do comments detected as spam?” to “save and flag as spam”.
Still the comments are moderedated and every single comment is automatically flagged as spam.

Use quotas, limit users’ comment posting activity? = NO
Also no spam words listed.

If I enable “ignore comments if detected as spam” every comment will end up as spam.

I am having this problem for the first time with the plugin. I actually use it on every txp site without any errors.
So I dont know what I am doing wrong this time.

Thanks for help.

#63 2012-07-14 16:57:39

lisabelle

PS:

I am not using rah_sitemap.

#64 2012-07-14 17:32:15

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

lisabelle wrote:

I am not using rah_sitemap.

Just a typo, I did mean rah_comment_spam.

Still the comments are moderedated and every single comment is automatically flagged as spam.

Hmm. Are comments moderated or flagged as spam. While they do appear in the same list, a comment can not be both. If the comments are saved with the status of moderate while the plugin’s blocking option is set as save and flag as spam, then that is not rah_comment_spam’s doing. Rah_comment_spam would be saving the comments as spam.

You can tell moderated and spam comment apart from the Status column, and from that spam rows are not visible unless the Show spam option is checked on Comments panel.

I am having this problem for the first time with the plugin. I actually use it on every txp site without any errors.
So I dont know what I am doing wrong this time.

Honestly, can not say what the problem is. Not without having access to the installation, server configuration details and saved comments.

If you could, you can email me with login details to a problematic site and I can take a look. That is if you trust me.

#65 2012-07-16 14:24:37

lisabelle

Thanks for your help.

It was my own mistake.
The plugin works perfectly.

#66 2013-03-17 09:48:21

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Jukka, thank you for this masterpiece, without it my site would look like an online drugstore. It works great, but some (rare) comments I would expect blocked, pass through the filters. If you update it some day, would it be possible to log filters decisions, to help tuning?

#67 2013-03-17 09:54:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

etc wrote:

Jukka, thank you for this masterpiece, without it my site would look like an online drugstore. It works great, but some (rare) comments I would expect blocked, pass through the filters. If you update it some day, would it be possible to log filters decisions, to help tuning?

Putting to my future ideas box.

#68 2015-03-08 05:32:48

raminrahimi

I need to appear the error when i clicked the Preview button, right now if i click on preview button, that will not appear the errors !
i think it’s the good way, when someone wrote a comment and clicked Preview button, on that time the error should come.
thanks

#69 2015-03-08 08:21:44

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

raminrahimi wrote #288842:

I need to appear the error when i clicked the Preview button, right now if i click on preview button, that will not appear the errors !
i think it’s the good way, when someone wrote a comment and clicked Preview button, on that time the error should come.
thanks

Hi raminrahimi, I guess you mean that an alert box should pop up? If that is the case I don’t know if it would appear on mobile devices.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#70 2015-03-08 11:19:28

raminrahimi

No, i mean this:
right now if i use spam words clicked Preview button and after preview clicked Submit button, then errors will appear (Your comment was marked as spam.)
But I need to appear that errors when I clicked Preview button, it mean before submitting.

#71 2015-03-09 11:02:00

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

raminrahimi wrote #288848:

I need to appear that errors when I clicked Preview button, it mean before submitting.

Try to set What to do comments detected as spam? option to Ignore, do not save.

#72 2015-03-09 16:56:05

raminrahimi

I already chose that, still the message appear when clicked submit button !

Board footer