Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2010-08-02 21:29:18

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: rah_comment_spam

Thanks Jukka. I needed that fix to calm me down a bit. ;)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#50 2010-08-02 21:40:43

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

thebombsite wrote:

Thanks Jukka. I needed that fix to calm me down a bit. ;)

9 months w/o fix indeed might cause some serious withdrawal symptoms :-)

#51 2010-08-02 22:37:21

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

9 months eh? Geez!

But on a serious note and now that you have 2 plugins with sliding panels including a cute little + sign, I presume you are aware of the latest SVN developments which include an even cuter +/- sign. Obviously you wouldn’t be able to do this until 4.3.0 was released but would you be able to save a bit of code by using the same classes/ids used by TXP’s own sliders?

Stuart

#52 2010-08-03 00:22:00

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

thebombsite wrote:

9 months eh? Geez!

There was no reason to update (or fix) a plugin when it works, heh :-) (I’m lazy too.)

But on a serious note and now that you have 2 plugins with sliding panels including a cute little + sign, I presume you are aware of the latest SVN developments which include an even cuter +/- sign. Obviously you wouldn’t be able to do this until 4.3.0 was released but would you be able to save a bit of code by using the same classes/ids used by TXP’s own sliders?

The current sliding effect requires one line of code, so it won’t really save code.

As far as implementing the sign thingy and such goes, well, unfortunately I might have to pass using TXP 4.3.0’s resource (for now). I don’t really want to require the latest and hottest TXP version on the release date, if/when the release isn’t major and there are no security issues effecting the plugin. When time goes by and if the code gives an advantage the plugin might end up using the code.

Last edited by Gocom (2010-08-03 00:23:59)

#53 2010-09-15 04:30:14

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

New version of rah_comment_spam has been released. Changes in the v0.5:

• Added option to check the time the user used to write the comment and block instant posters. As discussed here.
  • Removed unused HTML field ids and sizes from the backend pane.

More info and downloads

Last edited by Gocom (2010-09-15 04:38:22)

#54 2010-09-23 14:59:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks for the update, Gocom. Installed and activated.

mem_akismet is now history.

I haven’t had any comments yet (WHAT?!? How can anyone not find the swans interesting!) so I can’t say if the settings I’m using are too extreme. As a precaution I’ve set the plugin to moderate all suspect comments so I don’t miss anything.

Many thanks again. This should really help fight the script kiddies looking for some free linkage.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-09-23 15:00:09)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#55 2010-09-24 00:18:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Bloke wrote:

Thanks for the update, Gocom. Installed and activated.

You’re welcome :-)

#56 2010-09-24 22:22:02

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Now you are just rushing me. ;)

Stuart

#57 2011-09-09 15:17:52

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Version 0.6 of rah_comment_spam has been released.

This is the first publicly released rah plugin that uses more of OOP like structure and drops PHP4 support. Rah_comment_spam v0.6 is first of the series of PHP5 only updates. There are other updates bending for other projects, some of which more heavily relay on PHP5 only features. Old versions are still available for those that use PHP4. Hopefully the change doesn’t cause any inconveniences. My apologies if it does.

From rah_comment_spam v0.6 onwards the plugin’s preferences can be found from Textpattern’s native Preferences panel (Admin/Preferences), change that have been seen in other rah plugins. Now everything integrates nicely with all other comment related options, instead of creating yet one more admin-side page.

Other changes include improved UTF-8 compatibility (now UNICODE spam word searches ignore case too) and the plugin has build in uninstaller. When the plugin is deleted, also the preferences are removed. Running rah_uninstaller is no longer needed (rah_uninstaller will be deprecated in following months when rest of the updates to other projects are done, as then all the plugins should include their own uninstaller).

Complete list of changes:

• Fixed: Comment quota limit’s In current article option. Previously counting didn’t work when the in current article option was selected.
  • Added: language string support. The interface now is translatable using Textpacks.
  • Added: option to freely add any field to the list of that are checked for spam words. Used fields need to be defined in getComment().
  • Improved: UTF-8 compatibility. The plugin now uses multibyte safe methods when possible.
  • Changed: Migrated the preferences from own admin-interface and database table, to Textpattern’s native preferences panel. Preferences are now located at Admin/Preferences, in the Comments group.
  • Changed: For new installations protection method now defaults to moderate instead of blocking.
  • Changed: For new installations, default message length limits have been increased, and the example spam words have been removed.
  • Now requires PHP5 or newer. PHP version 5.3 or newer is recommended. PHP 4 support has been dropped.
  • For full feature compatibility Textpattern version 4.2.0 or newer is required. Textpattern v4.4.1 or newer is recommended.

More info and downloads

#58 2011-11-03 23:53:27

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Rah_comment_spam version 0.7 released. Just some minor fixes. So minor that the issue nor the fix doesn’t even really affect anyone in normal use. Changes:

• Fixed: Update cached version number after running the installer.
  • Updated help file.

More info and downloads

#59 2011-11-04 00:56:00

SuMu
Website

Thanks Gocom :-)

viele Grüße
SuMu

Psychomuell + blogZicke

#60 2012-07-11 12:21:20

lisabelle

Dear all,

I am having trouble with the plug in for the first time.

When I activate it the comments are moderated altough “moderate comments” is disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Board footer