Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-07-05 09:18:33

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

small issue with r3915

Ahem Gentlemen,

svn: Failed to add directory 'js': an unversioned directory of the same name already exists

Yes, some people already have a ‘js’ folder on their sites…

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2012-07-05 09:51:48

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: small issue with r3915

Hmmm, doesn’t SVN just skip the dir addition and put the new contents in the existing dir? Must admit I’ve never tried it direct like that.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2012-07-05 10:50:45

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

I don’t see this as an issue even in the slightest. If you use SVN and add unversioned files to your local copy itself, then you should be used or at least expect to having some resolving work to do here and there when you run svn update.

Don’t want any collisions? Avoid adding unversioned files to the checkout, name space them if you must, or try exporting (svn export) instead of checking out.

Bloke wrote:

Hmmm, doesn’t SVN just skip the dir addition and put the new contents in the existing dir? Must admit I’ve never tried it direct like that.

With svn update? Unfortunately, no, not by default. That would be a unwanted behavior, wouldn’t it? But you can, even with just update.

svn update --force

With --force flag it should replace directories that are in way with versioned ones, but keeps contents that do not interfere.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-07-05 10:58:30)

#4 2012-07-05 11:38:39

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

Eh, no, as Gocom points out. SVN is a bit limited (and that was my point of posting this). It could stop and ask what to do (Hg does that, iirc). But no, it just bails out.
SVN up -force (after backing up the contents of the affected directory…) is the way to go.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer