rossharvey
Website

Re: asy_jpcache 0.9.8 - Fast Full Page Caching

Thanks Robert!

#194 2012-06-11 14:28:08

rossharvey
Website

What on earth? I just enabled this plugin and some of the text has been deleted from the beginning of one of the posts!?

All I had done is add the plugin, and I had checked the page literally right before adding it.

Disabled! Scared to use it!

#195 2013-10-25 01:20:07

jagorny
Website

I just tried using this on a site within a multisite install and I am not getting any cache files created.

I wasn’t sure on the jpcache/cache directory directive in config.php (because config is in private and the site is in public) but I tried instead to use the full doc path on the space instead.

Still no files are created, though no errors are thrown either.

How should this plugin be implemented on a multisite install? Should it get placed in the root of the space and then use symlinks to the main cache from each site, or can all of the sites on the multihost share the same script/cache path?

#196 2013-10-25 01:34:32

maniqui
Website

I couldn’t tell you, as I haven’t used this plugin on a multisite scenario (for caching, I’m using aks_cache, which does partial caching).

If I recall correctly, asy_jpcache requires doing some minor patching on the index.php file. In the case of a multisite installation, there is an index.php on the /public folder of each website. Maybe you need to patch that one?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#197 2013-10-25 21:55:31

jagorny
Website

Well, here there seems to be some conflict. It used to be necessary to add a line for the preprocessor to the index.php file in the rot directory. As of TXP 4.5 it uses a directive in the config.php file.

Normally the jpcache folder is put in the root folder, however with a multisite install it is a little tricky working with external code plugins in general.

Sometimes you can symlink to a folder in the root from the site’s public folder – other times (e.g. when each site requires its own config for the plugin in a separate file) it can be a little different – a mix of files and links, etc.

I don’t have a lot of content yet, or long content. I guess the question I have is whether or not debugging should provide insight into whether the preprocessor is operating or not. I guess I’ll stick a few lines in to check.

#198 2014-02-21 16:18:06

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

I have successfully installed this plugin on a multisite installation. This is the updated procedure (as of txp 4.5.5):

• 1. Use Textpattern 4.5+
  • 2. [MODIFIED] Copy the directory jpcache and its contents into your public directory. It should be right next to your images (on a default install).
  • 3. Make sure that the jpcache/cache directory can be written to. Usually chmod 777 jpcache/cache/ will do the trick.
  • 4. [MODIFIED] Edit your config.php in the private directory and before the closing ?> insert the following line:
$txpcfg['pre_publish_script'] = './jpcache/jpcache.php';
  • 5. [NEW] Modify the index.php in your public directory. The end of the file must read:
       if (!isset($txpcfg['table_prefix']))
        {
                txp_status_header('503 Service Unavailable');
                exit('config.php is missing or corrupt.  To install Textpattern, visit <a href="./setup/">textpattern/setup/</a>');
        }

// custom caches et cetera?
        if (isset($txpcfg['pre_publish_script']))
        {
                require $txpcfg['pre_publish_script'];
        }

include txpath.'/publish.php';
        textpattern();

?>

There are 4 lines inserted (including one comment) before include txpath.'/publish.php';

• 6. Don’t forget to activate this Admin-plugin.
  • 7. Optional: Look inside jpcache/jpcache-config.php to change a few settings, like enabling Debugging, permanently turning off gzip-encoding, change timout etc.

#199 2014-03-26 19:23:20

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

This plugin needs to be updated to support the new ajax calls while editing an article. This version (0.9.8) don’t automatically clears the cache when you modify an article in textpattern 4.5.5

In the meantime, you can use the following workaround:

• Install an updated version of ied_plugin_composer (I’m using v. 1.05)
  • Go to Extensions->Plugin Composer and select asy_jpcache
  • Edit metadata
  • Modify plugin-type to “Admin + Public (+AJAX)”
  • Save
  • Done :-)

Last edited by juanjonavarro (2014-03-27 09:23:51)

#200 2015-03-30 19:23:40

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

The updated plugin at github https://github.com/netcarver/asy_jpcache already includes the new plugin-type. It also contains a patch to cache “status 200” request only (so it serves the right status for errors and not-found pages).

Board footer