Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-05-30 20:41:27

whatspider

Undefined Variables... Everywhere

I’ll start this by saying I don’t know php at all, so the coding is a little over my head. I just use the interface and leave the coding alone. That said, without touching the code, a month or so ago I went from a fully functional interface to one buried in Undefined Variable notices. I’ve even lost somewhat important functionality on the “write” screen, .

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/index.php on line 65
Notice: Undefined variable: use_textile in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 420
Notice: Undefined variable: use_textile in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 421

All that is at the top of the page. The following has replaced functions on the page.

Notice: Undefined variable: allow_form_override in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 483
Notice: Undefined variable: use_textile in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 706
Notice: Undefined variable: comments_default_invite in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 778
Notice: Undefined variable: comments_on_default in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 779
Notice: Undefined variable: use_comments in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 782
Notice: Undefined variable: articles_use_excerpts in /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 661

I’m moving overseas with the Peace Corps in a few weeks, and this is my blog. I need it fixed! Help!

#2 2012-05-30 20:45:56

whatspider

Re: Undefined Variables... Everywhere

While I’m at it, since I can’t find where else to put it, let me just say that every single time I try to login to this forum, I have to reregister. It tells me there is no record of a user with my email address, yet sitting in that very inbox is the previous registration email! What gives?

#3 2012-05-31 05:15:37

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi:)

Can you post your diagnostics please?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2012-05-31 19:06:25

els

whatspider wrote:

every single time I try to login to this forum, I have to reregister.

Right now I really don’t know what could be causing this, but please don’t think that your problem is not noticed. Can you let us know if the problem still persists now that you have posted? Or did you also post before being kicked out of the forum?

#5 2012-05-31 21:06:03

whatspider

Well, the forum let me in this time, so that was nice.

Diagnostics:

Textpattern version: 4.4.1 (r3575)
Last update: 2012-05-30 19:25:21/2012-05-30 19:24:59
Document root: /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com
$path_to_site: /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com
Textpattern path: /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern
Permanent link mode: section_id_title
Temporary directory path: /home/whatspider/writeofpassageonline.com/textpattern/tmp
Site URL: 
PHP version: 5.2.17
GD Image Library: bundled (2.0.34 compatible); supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG.
Server TZ: America/Los_Angeles
Server local time: 2012-05-31 14:03:04
DST enabled?: 1
Automatically adjust DST setting?: 1
Time zone: America/Los_Angeles (-28800)
MySQL: 5.1.53-log
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache
PHP server API: cgi-fcgi
RFC 2616 headers: 0
Server OS: Linux 2.6.32.8-grsec-2.1.14-modsign-xeon-64
Admin-side theme: classic 4.4.1

.htaccess file contents: 
------------------------
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes
#ErrorDocument 403 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
	RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
	RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  !^$
	RewriteRule .* - [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

------------------------

#6 2012-06-01 04:32:23

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

This looks like your database has lost (parts of) the preferences table. Try to repair it with phpMyAdmin. Its name is txp_prefs (there might be some prefix depending on your configuration.)

Board footer