Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-05-21 07:38:29

thermalzombie

Error after theme change

Hi

I recently installed textpattern a few days ago I have got some errors being displayed at the top of the page. They appeared after installing the minimalist theme I am not sure if I installed it correctly but went through the tutorial provided in the zip file twice The only modification I have made to the theme is the color scheme.

Here is the errors that I recieve at top of page.

Tag error: <txp:sitename /> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 1196

Tag error: <txp:recent_articles limit=“10” break=“li” wraptag=“ul” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“desc” /> -> Textpattern Notice: sortby attribute is deprecated on line 812

Tag error: <txp:recent_articles limit=“10” break=“li” wraptag=“ul” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“desc” /> -> Textpattern Notice: sortdir attribute is deprecated

Apart from this errors the script seems to work fine.I have also got the following being displayed in the diognostics not sure ifs responsible for above errors.

The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: pclose, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, pfsockopen, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, symlink, symlink ?

I am not sure what to do about the php settings as I have two other websites being hosted on that account so not sure how asking my servisprovider to change php settings will effect the other websites.

My website is www.thermalzombie.com

Thankyou for any tips suggestions you may have.

#2 2012-05-21 07:59:42

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Error after theme change

Hi. That theme must not be totally up-to-date.

You need to find any instance of <txp:sitename /> and change to <txp:site_name />.

Also, for the error with <txp:recent_articles>, both the sortby and sortdir attributes are not used any more, you need to replace them with just sort="posted desc".

That should help with the tag errors. Not sure about the PHP functions, you’ll have to wait and see if anyone else can help on that, but from a glance I can’t see any reason why enabling those would affect your other sites.

Last edited by philwareham (2012-05-21 07:59:58)

#3 2012-05-21 11:54:54

thermalzombie

Re: Error after theme change

Thanks for the previos help but I may have some more out of date tags is there a list of tag changes that I can look at?

I was just trying this tutorial and not sure if it is working there is no link to new page but maybe that is not in the tutorial.

Are any of the tags in this tutorial out of date?
http://textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Creating_a_Single-Page_FAQ

Also how do you do tabs in textpattern while editing posts and code.

Last edited by thermalzombie (2012-05-27 14:48:34)

Board footer