Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-05-07 17:15:54

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [textile] Textile 2.4 now available.

Hi steve,

Thanks so much for your work on this
I am getting some errors in my diagnostics tab

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 27 in /users/home/yiannis/domains/yyy.org/web/public/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php on line 1238

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 138 in /users/home/xxx/domains/yyy.org/web/public/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php on line 1338

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 27 in /users/home/xxx/domains/yyy.org/web/public/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php on line 1238

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 138 in /users/home/xxx/domains/yyy.org/web/public/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php on line 1338

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#14 2012-05-07 19:45:17

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Yiannis,

thanks for the report — I’ll look at this right away.

Steve

#15 2012-05-07 19:59:58

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Yiannis,

I can’t seem to replicate this on a local 4.4.1 install. Can you email me with details of your setup or join #textile on irc.freenode.net and lets see if we can get this sorted out.

Thank you.

Steve

#16 2012-05-08 04:56:49

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Steve,

I copied/pasted the code of 2.4 in the existing file. This morning, I thought of reuploading/replacing it and all errors are gone.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#17 2012-05-08 08:40:11

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Thanks, Steve. These are great enhancements.

Merged in r3778.

#18 2012-06-26 07:48:34

belipe
Website

Thanks a lot for the update, even though it’s mainly for the linebreaks in table cells :-)

<txp:nothing_else />

@belipe

#19 2012-08-07 10:45:12

Destry
Website

Hi Steve,

I’m using Txp 4.5 beta and trying out Textile footnotes. I’m seeing a little problem, I think. A test case…

The sun is reportedly hot[#bim]. And goat-toed high heels are presumably cruel[#bam].

note#bim. Note one.

note#bam. Note two.

notelist:1.

For the most part, the output is what you would expect, except instead of getting this, as expected…

1. 1 Note one.
  2. 2 Note two.

I get this…

1. 1 Note one.
  2. 1 Note two.

If I use notelist., the same problem exists except the values are just “a”, instead of the expected “a” and “b”.

Also, I guess I can put a list-style:none; on the output list, but wouldn’t it make sense to do that by default so there’s not the duplicate digits, one from the list item and the other from the link back? I would expect to see this for footnotes:

1 Note one.
2 Note two.

Different question: is it possible to have multiple footnote lists on a given article; e.g., at the end of each major section? It seemed not from the docs, though it didn’t specifically say.

Lastly, is there a new Textile reference existing somewhere, or in planning? Something that will replace the old Thresholdstate link in the UI? Not the Github source, or the text file doc, but something like a visual style guide? If not, would there be interest in creating one? (Something that might reduce the number of help enquiries in this forum, as well serve as a reference for authors everywhere.)

Thanks for maintaining Textile, Steve!

#20 2012-08-07 15:09:22

uli

I just used the fact to find the above Textile sample for footnotes, and so I played around a little.

When I changed notelist:1. to notelist:a. I expected to see the #bim and #bam indices changing from 1/2 to a/b which didn’t happen. Did I have the wrong expectations?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#21 2012-08-07 20:48:56

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Destry,

The output you see is correct. The :1 controls the numbering within the list of backrefs from each note into the text and as your example only has one reference to each note, each backref gets labelled as ‘1’ as it is the first backref into the main corpus in each case. Try this to see what I mean…

The sun is reportedly hot[#hot], just like freshly baked potatoes[#hot]. Ice is cold[#cold].

note#hot. Ouch.

note#cold. Brrr.

notelist:1.

Hopefully that should see the first note have two, sequentially numbered, backrefs into the text for the first note (#hot).

Regarding your request for multiple footnote lists: these are an experimental feature at present and if you’d like to try them out you can download this experimental version of classTextile.php and give it a try. Basically you name each notelist and when you define a note, you say which list it belongs in. usage example…

Here is some[#list1:some] text. And a little more.

note#list1:some. Some is an English word.

notelist. list1

If you don’t fully qualify which lists a note is to go in, it will be placed in the ‘un-named’ default list which will be spat out wherever you choose to type notelist. without a following name. Hope that helps.

Regarding a new reference, there isn’t anything public yet but I have started something recently.

Uli

Seems you have similar expectations to Destry about the sequencing of the backrefs — please refer to the first part of this reply.

Steve

#22 2012-08-07 21:36:28

Destry
Website

Ah… okay. I see what you mean. And that would explain the ordered list numerals too.

I will try out the experiment file. Thanks.

#23 2012-08-31 20:30:33

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

After upgrade, Textpattern 4.5.0 braked a few of links, followed by a colon, usually at line ends, e.g. ...as "Thomas said":link:

I have experimented a little on the Txstyle sandbox and got some slightly different results:

"link":url: "link":url: as a plain non-linked text
"link":http://url: link to http://url/ without :
"link":http://domain.tld/url: link to http://domain.tld/url%3A

On Sitemonks (Textile v2.0 and 2.2) all links are correct (ending with a non-linked colon), as was on my site On.lt until TxP 4.5.0. Is that a feature (perhaps for handling non-ascii characters in i18n URLs), and should I always select URLs in [square brackets] before a colon?

Last edited by Vienuolis (2012-08-31 20:32:31)

#24 2012-08-31 21:11:40

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Vienuolis

Is that a feature (perhaps for handling non-ascii characters in i18n URLs), and should I always select URLs in [square brackets] before a colon?

Let me just see if I understand your report properly.

Your input Your expected output
"link":url: <a href="url">link</a>:
"link":http://domain.tld/url: <a href="http://domain.tld/url">link</a>:

…?

And yes, this might be caused by the URL encoding I added recently.

Steve

Board footer