</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
div id=
</body>
</html>

…but I honestly don’t know what that means. I also can’t remember others posting about a similar problem before.

One more thing to try: if you copy and paste the page code (without the div id=) to a new page, set the default section to use that page, and delete the old page, does the problem still occur?
If that doesn’t help, I’ll have to give up for today. I hope someone else can shed a light on this…

Oh, one more: you could also try and delete it directly in the database, using phpMyAdmin. It’s in the txp_page table.

#14 2012-04-24 23:19:02

els

Re: Random code appears on the page

And you can try if disabling hak_tinymce helps.

#15 2012-04-24 23:20:54

els

It’s gone?

#16 2012-04-24 23:25:43

agritsogap

The copy and paste into a new page seems to have worked. But the thing is I’ve created new pages before and it somehow appears the more I use the page. But we’ll see. If I end up with the issue again, I’ll try the other things you suggested. If that doesn’t work, I’ll let you know on this thread and see if you have anything else to suggest at that point. If not, then…. welp I’m pretty much screwed.

Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate the quick responses and the good insight. As a web developer, this is why I design with Textpattern. Thank you again.

Rose

#17 2012-04-24 23:28:34

els

No problem. I will keep an eye on this thread, I’m really puzzled…

#18 2012-09-03 20:54:50

Shomari

I’ve been given two websites to work with that both exhibit this unexpected behavior. I can reproduce the behavior, let’s see if I can explain it well…

Using both Opera and Firefox (as I initially attributed behavior to Opera), I can go into any already populated and established text input area (saved page, form, etc;), copy/paste content and save changes. After refresh, random code appears immediately after final tag. It doesn’t seem to matter whether final tag is closing html tag or textpattern tag. Random code appears after either.

It’s also important to note that this behavior happens frequently in the write tab. I have hotkeys mapped to complete certain tasks on my machine, and when inserting code snippets I’d say 2/3 of every time I do paste, random code appears at end of article.

So, that’s one consistent thing, is that random code is both pulled from existing saved code in text area being modified, and the random code always appears after final closing tag in text area. Diag is green; all checks pass. Behavior is present in 4.5

#19 2012-09-03 23:31:43

zero
Website

This happens for me too. Unfortunately it happens in style and page mostly, both adding stuff at the end and mangling some styles. I have to always refresh the style before I do any alterations or else risk the style having reverted to a mangled one. I think, but not sure at all, it has something to do with [ and ] in the style, but I may be wrong. Thought it might be my server but it happens on different servers and my localhost. I’ve been using utf-8 general ci, if that’s anything to do with it. I just created a new db with utf-8 unicode to see if it makes a difference, but it’s too early to tell yet.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#20 2012-09-03 23:49:52

Shomari

I’ve seen the behavior in various environments with different configurations and with different browsers. I mostly didn’t report it back when I noticed it with 4.4.1 because I (for some reason) mistakenly thought it had to do with how my browser was utilizing the clipboard, as it only happens when I copy/paste text.

I take extra care not to edit styles within the textpattern built-in text input areas. I learned that lesson the hard way.

#21 2012-09-19 19:44:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#22 2012-10-04 04:48:12

dorka

Hi, I just want to add 1+ to this issue. Same thing with me – txp keeps adding “junk” after the final </html> tag of a page after editing the content and saving. When I delete the junk code and save again it does not apear anymore untill the next time I edit the content of the page. Also mangled stylesheet whenever I edit it within txp. My work around is to edit it in external editor, paste the whole code to the txp editor and save. This works OK.
… Ok I just noticed and read the link above. Since I’m working in opera too, I beleve that my problem is solved – I’ll just switch to another browser. Thanks gyus :-)

Last edited by dorka (2012-10-04 04:55:45)

#23 2012-10-05 00:39:58

Shomari

dorka wrote:

Hi, I just want to add 1+ to this issue. Same thing with me – txp keeps adding “junk” after the final </html> tag of a page after editing the content and saving. When I delete the junk code and save again it does not apear anymore untill the next time I edit the content of the page. Also mangled stylesheet … Since I’m working in opera too, I beleve that my problem is solved – I’ll just switch to another browser. Thanks gyus :-)

Let us know if that browser switch actually works for you. I thought it was an issue with Opera and the clipboard but every other browser I’ve tested replicates the same results.

Board footer