Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-04-13 09:22:17

whaleen
Website

hybridauth

I’d love to see hybridauth work with TXP.

Simple Social Login Integration: http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net/userguide/Integrating_HybridAuth_Social_Login.html

Sound interesting to anyone here? I’m surprised to not find much talk on the subject in the forums.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#2 2012-04-13 18:01:45

maruchan
Website

Re: hybridauth

Agreed, that would be pretty nice. I wonder if a plugin could do the stuff (login parameters, etc.) that they mention in the user guide. If so, it seems pretty straightforward.

#3 2012-04-13 19:10:11

whaleen
Website

maruchan wrote:

I wonder if a plugin could do the stuff (login parameters, etc.) that they mention in the user guide.

user guide

Maybe the few parts of mem_self_register could be used as a basis for getting started.

Some Extra Thinking

Where?

Ideally new user data coming from these various providers would go into the txp_users table. It would just have to be that way so we can continue to use mem, ign, cbe, rvm, etc user plugin tags as well as native tags.

smd_bio

Provisions for smd_bio would be good. We are stuck with RealName at the moment in the txp_users table making it hard to say build a directory of users that can be sorted by last name without the use of smd_bio fields to build that in and have it supplied voluntarily after registration.

Future

I think TXP sites would benefit immensely with a mechanism that allowed potential users/customers to register on a whim rather than through the gauntlet (register -> fire up email machine —> copy garbled password —> go to /textpattern —> type, paste, and go ). Called gauntlet only because it is often seen as too much work by a user who just might dive right in and start contributing to a site/app/community or whatever you call your interactive web-thing.

Stats

I’m not a statistician but I’d wager 7 out of every 10 people sitting in the coffee shop have either a Facebook or Twitter session open in one of the many tabs in their browser.

Last edited by whaleen (2012-04-14 02:03:21)

#4 2012-04-15 06:45:23

candyman

Very interesting, whaleen (BTW, clicking “Website” under your forum profile image you got a wrong URL, take a look).

#5 2012-04-18 02:42:29

whaleen
Website

hybridauth uses two tables – users, authentications:

users
id, email, password, first_name, last_name, created_at

authentications
id, user_id, provider, provider_uid, email, display_name, first_name, last_name, profile_url, website_url, created_at

And in Textpattern land we need to have our users end up here:

txp_users
user_id, name, pass, RealName, email, privs, last_access, nonce

Maybe

hybridauth could be re-written (txp plugin) so that it’s registrations and authentications puts users into the txp_users table.

#6 2013-01-28 22:35:47

whaleen
Website

For anyone watching this thread, I’ve started a discussion over here that you might find interesting in regards to 3rdy party Login/Registration for Textpattern.

Board footer