Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-04-11 09:09:50

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Change the world - Textpattern on kiva.org

Hey there, generous Textpattern community!

Have you ever heard of Kiva? This is a microfinance platform for giving loans to people in less privileged countries so they can earn a living for themselves (think of it as giving away fishing rods instead of fish and getting paid back with fish they caught).

If you – like me – have felt like giving something to others because you can, but always wondered where and how to start, now is a really good time as you can join Kiva and give a loan without spending any of your own money.
As a new user you can give a $25 (while supplies last), if you sign up using this link. Of course, you can also sign up and spend your own money, if you want to support the concept of Kiva.

Oh, and by the way, once you signed up feel free to join the Textpattern group :-)

Also, Kiva.org is about loaning money, it is not about giving donations. So you can generally expect to get your money back (well, for the sponsored $25 someone else gets those back, but for the money you lend you can expect to be paid back).
However, as with any credit undertaking you may lose money due to a bad credit or exchange rates loss.

PS: I hope this is not regarded as spam, but as a positive chance to do something good and maybe also show that Textpattern users care about more than elegance in publishing but also helping people help themselves. Also I am not affiliated with Kiva in any way, I just think it is a really good idea. Learn more at mashable.

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

Board footer