Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-01-13 22:36:29

FireFusion

[contrib] Your favourite Textpattern sites? (for featured sites)

Hi all,

i’m trying to update the featured sites section. Our original brief was to find sites that made interesting a unique uses of Textpattern, not just sites that look good.

I thought i’d ask suggestions from you guys. Thank you.

#2 2008-01-22 23:40:52

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [contrib] Your favourite Textpattern sites? (for featured sites)

hmm i think its kind of hard to determine a ‘unique’ usage of textpattern based on the frontend of a site.

either way, for a good band/music site i like http://tokyopoliceclub.com/

a very nice record label site http://paperbagrecords.com/

#3 2008-01-23 00:25:13

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

What is unique? As most of unique sites are made with plugins etc. And those plugins are used all around the web, so how can you tell which one was the original, which is the best? Meaning, you’re hired for making a plugin for some website. Well, you do that plugin, design it and make it work.

But when the customer is paid you plugin, you would ofcourse publish the plugin to public usage as it’s published under GPL. Then there will be hundres of same kind of sites with same functionality. It’s it unique? Probably not.

So it’s hard to tell what is unique as everything is already done. Forums, sorters, profiles, fileservices, imageservices, stores, markets, blogs, portfolios, and so on. And total number is about 100,000 sites – currently.

It’s also sometimes hard to tell which functions are made with Textpattern and which not, as you can easily implement another apps to Textpattern. And does that make the site unique? If i have own snippet of code that does some awesome thing, is that part of the criterias? But the site is still using Textpattern…

Sorry, but I can’t list anysites as I don’t look under the frontend. Meaning it’s the same which CMS the site uses if it rocks and owner is happy with it.

Cheers!

#4 2008-01-23 05:58:10

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

carhartt streetwear is unique in its structure and wealth of content – but Sven should know that ;-)

Last edited by wet (2008-01-23 05:58:20)

#5 2008-01-24 17:33:16

zero
Website

Gocom’s phorum will be unique for a while when he gets it finished.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#6 2008-01-24 18:27:09

sthmtc
Website

wet wrote:

carhartt streetwear is unique in its structure and wealth of content – but Sven should know that ;-)

:) thanks for bringing that up, wet! i’d love to see it featured of course, but was hesitant because it could look like i want to plug my own work…

ps. new features will be rolled out soon (same grid, completely different style) and the new spring/summer collection (with one subcategory more ;) ) is going live on monday.

Last edited by sthmtc (2008-01-24 18:28:58)

#7 2012-03-29 15:37:28

porgie

Just finished up David King Architects site

Board footer