Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-03-16 17:57:19

jakob
Admin
Website

save button not restoring on latest svn (r3679)

Just tried out the latest svn – very nice in general, however I get the following problem when saving changes to an existing article using the save button (publishing a new article works as before):

The save button greys out and the spinner appears to the right but that’s it. I don’t get a confirmation message and the save button is not restored and the spinner doesn’t disappear. The article changes are, however, saved.

The article is still editable but subsequent attempts to save changes to the article are not put into effect. Pressing “save” again makes a second spinner appear to the right of the first but the changes are not saved this time.

(txp 4.4.1 r3679 with remora and PHP 5.2.12)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2 2012-03-16 18:07:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: save button not restoring on latest svn (r3679)

jakob

Might be a plugin. For example, smd_tags or any other plugin that uses AJAX on the Write tab. Unless the plugin has been altered to Type 4 (Admin + AJAX) or 5 (Admin + Public + AJAX) then it won’t run and may cause the effect you’re seeing.

After you’ve narrowed it down to a particular plugin, try altering its type using phpMyAdmin (since you don’t have the new Plugin Composer which has support for the new plugin types).

Last edited by Bloke (2012-03-16 18:08:38)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2012-03-16 22:07:19

jakob
Admin
Website

Thanks Stef, that was a good tip. I deactivated all the plugins until I had isolated one that caused the problem – bot_wtc. Setting the type to 4 or 5 in the db didn’t help. I set it back to 3 (tho I thought that was the original setting) and strangely things are working again.

#4 2012-04-19 16:20:13

jakob
Admin
Website

Still getting problems with bot_wtc 0.7.1 and bot_image_upload 0.6.2 with the most recent svn r3749. Both return a “form_submission_error” on saving. I tried setting the plugin status of both to 4 or 5 (also resetting back to 3) but no improvement. The problem occurs with either or both the plugins installed, doesn’t occur when they’re not installed. Both plugins do work correctly, and the changes are saved, but always with an error dialog.

I also did a diff against the version of bot_wtc that was working in the other earlier svn installation and the plugins are identical. Any idea what these plugins need to pass the saving instance? Or might there be another reason?

#5 2012-04-19 16:28:07

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Generally speaking, plugins for the write tab may require a bit of adaption for Textpattern 4.5. We will introduce a configuration option to turn off Ajax completely for those sites which are stuck at non-maintained plugins to help them over the version hump.

Last edited by wet (2012-04-19 16:29:20)

Board footer