Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-02-01 18:04:07

Gulfcoast

[feedback] Difficulty Locating Image

It has been awhile since I have been active using Textpattern but I am jumping back into it. I’m currently running 4.0.8. I will be using my android tablet running ice cream sandwich for most of my postings. I’m using Photoshop Touch as my image editing software. I noticed last night when I tried uploading an image into Textpattern that I couldn’t find the folder that had the image in it. Touch offers cloud storage for images. Is there a way that Textpattern can upload or pull images from cloud storage. Thank you. Hope everyone is well.

#2 2012-02-02 03:47:20

brunodario

Re: [feedback] Difficulty Locating Image

I’m not sure about your question but you definetly should upgrade textpattern to 4.4.1 – You’re using a very outdated version.

Check if fpx_image_import can do anything for you, it’s not cloud based but can give you a clue.

#3 2012-02-02 09:27:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [feedback] Difficulty Locating Image

Gulfcoast wrote:

Is there a way that Textpattern can upload or pull images from cloud storage.

As long as you have a direct access URL to the file(s) in question then the smd_remote_file plugin can do it. It’s not possible to store images that way though — only Files (which of course you can treat as images if you wish).

It’s undergoing a remodelling at the moment and the new version (compatible with Txp 4.4.1) should be available within a few weeks. It offers a lot more besides just remote file storage and retrieval: I’ll release more info as the plugin shapes up.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-02-02 09:27:47)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer