Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-01-31 15:31:08

WebKat

[feedback] Odd thing happened with email notification

I received an email that said:

jingdimei has replied to the topic 'aks_rss : RSS parser and aggregator' to which you are subscribed. There may be more new replies, but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the board again.

The post is located at http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=257476#p257476

but when I clicked I got this message:

Bad request. There are a few possibilities why: the link you followed is incorrect (check for typos), the topic/post has been deleted (it was spam), or you do not have have permission to view the topic (make sure you are logged in).

The thread that was supposed to show up is this one: RSS parser and aggregator

When I went to the thread manually there was no new post. Does that mean that jingdimei deleted their post (or someone else did)? Or is it a hiccup of the forum?

(off topic: why is the text not wrapping in my bc.. boxes? Does it always scroll off to the right in those and I never noticed?)

WebKat

#2 2012-01-31 15:52:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [feedback] Odd thing happened with email notification

WebKat wrote:

Does that mean that jingdimei deleted their post (or someone else did)?

I got a similar notification and no actual destination post so I assumed it was a spammer that someone deleted before I got there.

(off topic: why is the text not wrapping in my bc.. boxes? Does it always scroll off to the right in those and I never noticed?)

Yep!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2012-01-31 16:03:05

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

WebKat wrote:

When I went to the thread manually there was no new post. Does that mean that jingdimei deleted their post (or someone else did)? Or is it a hiccup of the forum?

Most likely just a spam which was removed. The account you mention doesn’t exists, which indicates that the user was banned.

The tag you used, bc., generates a code block, and is styled to show code as it was typed in. If you want to display quotes, you can use bq. (blockquote) or ??cite?? (citation).

Last edited by Gocom (2012-01-31 16:06:16)

#4 2012-01-31 16:56:33

WebKat

Gocom wrote:

WebKat wrote:
The tag you used, bc., generates a code block, and is styled to show code as it was typed in. If you want to display quotes, you can use bq. (blockquote) or ??cite?? (citation).

good to know—-thanks!

WebKat

Board footer