#1 2011-12-01 12:44:43

RedFox
Website

[feedback] Would that be nice ... :)

Fortifying your WordPress Textpattern experience > themefortress.com/reverie

#2 2012-01-07 10:41:49

Destry
Website

Re: [feedback] Would that be nice ... :)

I think Phil’s work on the new templates will make it easier for theme construction, and especially after v5 when the admin-side code is cleaned up, too. It really won’t be necessary for separate boilerplates and all that stuff because the core code will just be more suited to skinning in a consistent way. I do like the idea of the hNews Microformat inclusion, however. I wonder if Phil has considered that…

What will be needed is clear, concise documentation for it all, but that will come.

I’m confident we’re going to get there, eventually.

2 cents.

#3 2012-01-07 11:30:18

RedFox
Website

Yes, Phil is working hard and does a good job. It’s my problem really, because I’ve to study very hard to understand responsive webdesign in a way so I can build websites as I always did. I never used templates … but now I’m almost ready to start using them.

#4 2012-01-07 12:06:50

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Destry wrote:

I do like the idea of the hNews Microformat inclusion, however. I wonder if Phil has considered that…

I have to admit I’ve not heard of that microformat, I’ll read up on it and see if it fits the theme somehow.

On topic, all of these themes are possible within Textpattern with a little work and rewriting – I may convert a few myself if I ever get more spare time, since I’ve learnt a lot during the default theme rewrite.

What Textpattern lacks at the moment (as far as I know) is an easy way to install pre-made themes with a simple few clicks (something WordPress excels at). That’s a blessing and a curse IMHO – a blessing because it does not hamstring the system by making customising or writing your own templates needlessly difficult (hello WordPress), a curse because many many potential users just want to install a pre-made theme and have an instant, good-looking website (hello WordPress).

#5 2012-01-07 20:08:15

els

RedFox wrote:

because I’ve to study very hard to understand responsive webdesign in a way so I can build websites as I always did.

Oh, I’m so glad to hear to hear I’m not the only one… ;)

#6 2012-01-07 21:13:44

RedFox
Website

Hi Els, long time no see … studying RWD all night (and day) long … ;-)

#7 2012-01-08 09:00:07

merz1
Website

Destry wrote:

… I do like the idea of the hNews Microformat inclusion, however. …

+1 definitely worth a look.

I send many websites – to read them on the road or with a clean styling – to ‘Read it Later’ or ‘Readability’. The hAtom, hNews or the linked extended proposal are great microformats and pretty easy to implement.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#8 2012-01-08 10:32:02

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

The new Textpattern default theme now has hNews support

Cheers, Phil

Board footer