Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-01-03 21:58:49

kevinpotts

PHP include errors before setup even runs

All —- I have a client running their own server. I uploaded Textpattern, and encountered something I’ve never seen before: PHP errors before the link to setup even appears. This is the error I get from the homepage:

Warning: include(/var/www/textpattern/lib/constants.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/index.php on line 36 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/var/www/textpattern/lib/constants.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/index.php on line 36 Warning: include(/var/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/index.php on line 37 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/var/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/index.php on line 37 Fatal error: Call to undefined function txp_status_header() in /var/www/index.php on line 40

Not knowing anything about configuring PHP on Apache, I’m not sure what could be causing this. Is it possible the absolute path is wrong? Why else would the includes not work?

I uploaded a simple phpinfo() script and that comes back clean.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#2 2012-01-04 06:42:58

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: PHP include errors before setup even runs

Check access permissions on txplib_misc.php. The web server’s account should have read access.

Your client’s server person should know which account is used for this, the method they use to run the PHP interpreter (mod_php, CGI, FastCGI) and the suitable permission settings.

Board footer