Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2008-09-29 14:17:21

Si
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] TXPhorum 0.3 / A simple forum solution for Textpattern

same thing for me, the ‘one-click’ way doesn’t work.

#26 2008-12-11 12:27:10

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Just a quick heads-up. For those having problems with the one-click install, the reason is that the plugin tries to execute its code from the Plugin Help page. On this page, no plugins are permitted to run so as far as the installation procedure is concerned, there’s no code to see here, move along, please disperse… :-\

Until Ben has some time to fix it officially (Extensions tab for plugin prefs?), the temporary solution is simple but inelegant:

• Visit the plugin’s help section
  • Right-click the ‘Install default installation’ link and copy the target URL to the clipboard
  • Open up a new tab in your browser and paste the link in, but don’t hit Enter yet
  • Edit the bit from the ? onwards to read this: ?event=txphorum&name=TXPhorum&install_txphorum=yes
  • Hit Enter/click Go
  • You’ll get a message back that says “Restricted Area” but rest assured the necessary pages and forms will have been created for you in the background
  • Enjoy this fine plugin

Hope that helps some folk.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#27 2008-12-12 11:51:09

Niconemo

Many thanks Stef !

Nico

#28 2008-12-31 07:05:27

quemultimedia
Website

Hi Guys,
Having problems with my TXPhorum install. I would like the default Textpattern admin to be the same admin for the TXPhorum install [i.e. one admin for the entire site, managed from /textpattern back-end].

Have followed the above instructions, and have managed to get the basic install up [but would like to customize the install as follows: section name to be Discussions, as opposed to txphorum; apply css styles to the form elements; have a brief ‘list’ of most active topics on the ‘home’ page of the site, whose topic links, when clicked, go to the actual topic under the Discussions topic; go to the ‘topics listings’ page when you access the ‘Discussions’ section i.e. www.sitename.com/discussions]

Will greatly appreciate your input, ideas, and advise.

Que,
Que-Multimedia

#29 2009-01-06 15:38:12

quemultimedia
Website

In addition to above, how can I list the currently ‘active’ topics on my default [home] page?

Still lost, dazed, and confused about the implementation of TXPhorum…trying…

Que,
Que-Multimedia

#30 2009-01-06 15:45:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

quemultimedia wrote:

In addition to above, how can I list the currently ‘active’ topics on my default [home] page?

Since a topic is an article you can use the standard article tags to show them however you like.

Wanna show the 5 most recent topics on your home page? Use:

<txp:article_custom limit="5" section="discussions" sort="posted desc">
   <txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink>
</txp:article_custom>

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#31 2009-01-07 08:04:17

jakob
Admin
Website

Que wrote:

section name to be Discussions, as opposed to txphorum

Go to the plugin pane and edit the plugin code at the top to read as follows. You need to change your sections accordingly if already set up.

function txphorum_mem_preferences($what)
{
	$lang = array(
		'section'             => 'discussions',
		'reply_section'       => 'replies',
		'category'            => 'forum',
		'parent_custom_field' => 'custom1',
	);
	return $lang[$what];
}

apply css styles to the form elements

TXPhorum uses standard articles and you can do that with CSS for your site as normal. I restyled it entirely.

go to the ‘topics listings’ page when you access the ‘Discussions’ section i.e. www.sitename.com/discussions

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you but doesn’t the standard install do that automatically? Ben’s standard page certainly does.

I advise you to test the setup entirely. I gave ben lots of feedback and some solutions but don’t know if he ever updated the plugin. I remember some of the things that didn’t work included editing posts with special characters or normal apostrophes and editing a reply when you where not the topic starter. You can only test for these if you set up several logins with different names.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#32 2009-02-11 14:33:53

Kreeltje

Question: When a user registers on my site, he/she gets the following mail:

Username,
You have successfully registered at mysite.com. You can login at http://mysite.com/textpattern/index.php.

Username: Username
Password: *****
Regards,
Webmaster

Is it possible to change this? My self_register_email (in dutch) =

Hallo <txp:mem_name />,

Bedankt voor je registratie op <txp:mem_siteurl />.
Je gebruikersnaam: <txp:mem_username />
Je wachtwoord: <txp:mem_password />

Als je vragen hebt kun je naar het volgende adres mailen

Vriendelijke groet,
<txp:mem_admin_name />
<txp:mem_admin_email />

Looks like this module is not used :-) , so which module is used and where can i find it?

Cheers, Kreeltje

Last edited by Kreeltje (2009-02-11 14:57:33)

#33 2011-12-14 01:38:36

elwins

How to set up IGN correctly, and what version should I use if I have # mem_self_register v0.9.6?

Last edited by elwins (2011-12-14 02:12:58)

#34 2011-12-14 03:37:38

whaleen
Website

elwins wrote:

How to set up IGN correctly, and what version should I use if I have # mem_self_register v0.9.6?

Are those plugins both involved in running TXPhorum? I don’t know but a perhaps useful suggestion is that you might consider looking at: cbe_frontauth, mem_self_register, and smd_bio plugins to make your machinery sing.

• cbe_frontauth instead of ign_password_protect
  • smd_bio uses the txp_users table, so instead of using ign_password_protect’s ign_users table you can achieve the same and more than you could previously plugging into the ign_users table..

and what version should I use if I have # mem_self_register v0.9.6?

Latest release from each perhaps? Sorry I don’t know.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#35 2011-12-14 13:52:17

elwins

I updated all plugins, and now all working correctly, when I post new Article in forum, then reply messages are making like articles too, but is there some possible way, how to using default TXP comment system set up automatic comment author, respectlly, I log in with IGN_password_protect, and then I Just need to write comment text message, and that comment author is that user, who writed that.

#36 2011-12-14 18:43:12

whaleen
Website

elwins wrote:

I updated all plugins, and now all working correctly

That’s great.

but is there some possible way, how to using default TXP comment system set up automatic comment author, respectlly, I log in with IGN_password_protect, and then I Just need to write comment text message, and that comment author is that user, who writed that.

It’s possible. What does the comment form look like? If it’s using mem_form you may be able to load the logged-in ign_user name and email into the name and email values and se the input to hidden leaving you with on the the textarea to write in thus your logged in will be able to make a reply and it will display there name and email as desired.

Again, what does the comment form look like?

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

Board footer