Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-11-11 09:01:26

damienbuckley
Website

Stradbroke Ferries

01/02/2011 – Stradbroke Ferries

Following last-years’ Australian Web Awards finalist, Stradbroke Island Holidays, Propeller are proud to present the new Stradbroke Ferries website.

Stradbroke Ferries is designed to fit in with the overall design theme of the group but carry its own individual flair to distinguish the ‘business-end’ of island transport from its more vacation oriented sister site.

In addition to timetables & price lists for Stradbroke Ferries’ extensive fleet of water taxis and vehicle ferries, the new website also includes accommodation listings for the southern bay islands, live weather, tide times, YouTube video of Stradbroke Ferries’ operations, options to join Stradbroke Ferries’ loyalty programme as well as travel information and Google maps.

The new site also includes a calendar of events, special offers for travel and accommodation, camping information, details for wedding organisation and a wealth of helpful information for tourists and education visitors.

If that all sounds like too much hard work, sit back and relax with some stunning vistas of North Stradbroke Island’s and the Southern Bay Islands beautiful beaches and scenery in the gallery.

Brochures for holidays and short stays can be downloaded along with dining and events guides.

The Stradbroke Ferries website is built on the open-source Textpattern CMS, coded to XHTML Strict 1.0 and utilises CSS2.1 for layout and styling. Whilst remaining fully usable in all modern browsers, several CSS3 styling enhancements have been added where appropriate and can be seen in progressive browsers such as Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Explore Stradbroke Ferries today!

Plugins/Extensions: rah_sitemap, hak_article_image, ob1_pagination, pap_contact_cleaner, rvm_substr, sab_substr, stw_category_tree, cbs_navigation_menu, zem_event

Last edited by damienbuckley (2011-11-11 09:03:08)

#2 2011-11-11 23:02:02

maruchan
Website

Re: Stradbroke Ferries

I really like the way this site gives the impression that a lot of helpful information is available. I’d be interested to know how the client is able to manage the various informational bits and blocks found around the site.

And I think the color scheme of this site’s gallery was my favorite out of all of them. Great work Damien!

#3 2011-11-11 23:38:25

damienbuckley
Website

Re: Stradbroke Ferries

Thanks. We actually preferthe sister site (Stradbroke Holidays) we did prior to this one as we had free reign over the design whereas with is one (boxes) we had to bend to the clients whims a bit. We work pretty hard to ensure the client has as much control over their sites as possible. If you want to know how we did specifics, feel free to ask, we’re happy to share : )

Board footer