Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-09-27 07:03:57

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: eion. Your image, simply.

Cool, a kind of cargo collective idea made with txp?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#14 2011-09-27 07:51:24

hablablow
Website

Tye, thanks.

Jakob, thanks. Regarding Cargo Collective, it may be close in the sense it promotes something visual. But my initial set of ideas that made me build and is driving eion are, I believe, totally different and are the result, probably, of a very different background and path.

The first and current plan I’m deploying on eion is built on 150 images and costs: 200 € / year.

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

Hablablow + Webdesignofficina

#15 2011-09-27 16:28:49

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Guillaume ;)

Very interesting project (as others). Well done. But IMO very too dark template (and contrast) for my poor eyes (and maybe for all readers). Definitively love images traitment and presentation.

Cheers,

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#16 2011-09-27 16:45:31

hablablow
Website

Thanks Pat !

The dark template desaturation with typo is intentional.

There’s a gap for certain users, apparently Firefox 6 on Windows, in the way the font is drawn and so logically the weight of the font on your screen may appear lighter or darker.

Cheers.

Last edited by hablablow (2011-09-28 13:02:03)

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

#17 2011-09-28 10:52:58

hablablow
Website

There are a couple of special shouts and thanks I’d like to throw here for these fine folks who helped me…

Jakob, Stef, Julian, Jukka, Mike.

Kthx !

Last edited by hablablow (2011-09-28 10:53:51)

_

#18 2011-10-13 15:14:49

hablablow
Website

Alright, I saw a couple of days ago the display problem certain of you mention with FF Pc with certain type of displays.
After turning it all around I’ve found that it’s related to the way Windows handles types, under certain browsers.
In fact the type display dramatically changes, for this font, on a Pc and on a Mac, due to different philosophies of the conceptors about what a type should be.

On a Pc you basically have two rendering families: the webkit based browsers, Safari and Chrome and the two others Gecko and Ie.
On a Pc the Webkit family uses a display system called Vanilla. Your font may appear quite different with Vanilla, so be carefull.
Gecko and Ie use Cleartype which does a nice job, but your font may look a lot thiner than on a Mac. So be very careful as well.

To overcome this problem I wanted to change the font used for ie and FF. For ie it’s simple, you serve an .eot file. For FF it’s more difficult since you only want to target FF on Pc. The only solution that works fine here is to use either a JavaScript Css Browser Selector or it’s port to php.

Et voilà !
Enjoy.

Last edited by hablablow (2011-10-13 16:38:19)

_

Board footer