Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-02-08 09:14:21

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [howto] Use List of Categories as Values for glz_custom_field Dropdown Options

tye wrote:

So in my case I needed to choose only images and exclude root from the list, so came up with this

As you are not taking advantage of LIKE operator and it’s matching abilities, I would recommend to replace it with equal sign (=) to optimize the query :)

#14 2011-02-08 12:04:16

tye
Website

Re: [howto] Use List of Categories as Values for glz_custom_field Dropdown Options

Oh yeah – that makes total sense :)

Thanks Jukka :)

#15 2011-10-08 08:44:58

phuture303

Hi, I’m using this script:

<?php
function list_categories($custom_field, $custom_id, $custom_value) {
    $categories = array();
	$query = safe_rows('name, title', 'txp_category','type like "image" AND name!="root"');
    foreach ($query as $category)
        $categories[$category['name']] = $category['title'];
    return glz_selectInput($custom_field, $custom_id, $categories, $custom_value, "");
}
?>

It works perfectly, but the image categories are shown in a strange order (see this screenshot), i would like to have them sorted alphabetically. Any chances?

Many thanks!

David

#16 2011-10-08 10:16:15

jakob
Admin
Website

alter line 4 as follows:

$query = safe_rows('name, title', 'txp_category','type="image" AND name!="root" ORDER BY name');

or use title instead of name if you prefer to sort by the title. As jukka mentioned above, you can use an equals sign instead of like.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#17 2011-10-08 10:20:25

phuture303

Hi Jakob,

perfect – thank you very much!

:-D

#18 2012-03-22 00:33:27

floodfish
Website

This is just wonderful. Thanks, Kevin!

#19 2013-11-26 18:05:26

gfdesign

Sorry if I post my consultation here too, but it’s related to this topic in some way.

I have an issue with a custom field created with glz_custom_field. This field is based on a custom script (such as this topic explains us, similar to my_images.php script that glz_custom_field brings as example).

With this new custom field, I no have any control using “bot_write_tab_customize” to hide or arrange to other position. It would seem this issue is due to just “glz_custom_field_script” fields.

I just want to ask if somebody does have the same problem?
I look forward your comments
Best regards

P/d: I already posted this question into bot_write_tab_customize forum, but I haven’t recieved answer (up to now)

Board footer