Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2011-09-17 02:36:39

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: bot_write_tab_customize: rearrange and style items in the write tab

Ninja-Backflip wrote:

An edited quote from a comment I left at Redbot’s person site. Am I alone in my desire?

Hi Ninja,
I’ll answer with an edited quote from an answer I left to your comment on my site ;)

If I understand correctly your request can be also reformulated this way:

“Can be the item rearrangement tied to the override form dropdown instead of the sections one?”

The answer is yes, but I don’t see any real advantage in doing so. At least for the way I usually organize sites. That said I understand you may find your approach more productive.

If you have some php knowledge you can tweak the plugin to do what you want. If you agree with the method I mentioned before you must replace each reference to the sections dropdown to the “override form” dropdown. This should be not too difficult once you understand how the code works.

#218 2011-10-04 14:58:59

uli

Re this issue, i.e. the update problem to 4.4.0/4.4.1:

Notice: Undefined index: $("p:has(select[id*=markup-excerpt])") in /home/ ... /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 323

I’d prefer replacing by hand some values in an SQL export if I needn’t undergo the work of setting up all the rules again, much more error prone and I probably won’t remember all the rules I set up before. Is there a way to convert bot_wtc’s old table’s entries for re-using in the new one?

Last edited by uli (2011-10-04 14:59:54)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#219 2011-10-05 14:19:35

uli

Any hints, anyone?
Did somebody find a way to convert the pre-TXP4.3.0 SQL table of bot_wtc so it could be used for TXP 4.4.1?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#220 2011-10-05 14:56:06

redbot
Plugin Author

uli wrote:

Any hints, anyone?
Did somebody find a way to convert the pre-TXP4.3.0 SQL table of bot_wtc so it could be used for TXP 4.4.1?

Hi Uli,
I’m so sorry I can’t help you now. I’ll try to anwer you asap (not till tomorrow I fear)

#221 2011-10-05 21:12:01

uli

Luca, thanks! In the meantime I’ll investigate further, I still can’t say wtc works satisfactorily on my installation. As long as I just hide sections it does its magic, but as soon as I begin hiding custom fields everything’s broken again. Willl try on my local dev, too, and switching SQL tables back and forth, furthermore it might be another incompatibility. Will keep you informed.

#222 2011-10-06 09:41:59

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi Uli,
given the shortage of time I can’t help you with a script which does all automatically, nonetheless I’ve written a text file which lists old selectors and corresponging new ones.
This way – with a very un-elegant solution – you can maybe save some time by editing directly the mysql table for bot_wtc.

How to:
Open phpmyadmin and replace every occurrence of older selectors with corresponding new ones in the “bot_wtc” table (only columns ‘item’ and ‘destination’).

As for the custom field issue I need more info.
First of all are you trying to hide simple text inputs or multi-selects? In this second case here’s the fix. If it’s not the case I can’t help you now, you’ll have to wait a couple days.

#223 2011-10-06 11:54:05

uli

redbot wrote:

given the shortage of time I can’t help you with a script which does all automatically, nonetheless I’ve written a text file which lists old selectors and corresponging new ones.

Luca, thanks so much! That’s exactly the information I was hoping for. Most selectors are in use only in one section, but some remainders are hard to reconstruct and can otherwise only be unscrambled by looking at the front side HTML source. Not too enjoyable ;) Thanks for taking the time to set up that text file, I really appreciate that!

As for the custom field issue I need more info. […] In this second case here’s the fix

Already tried that fix, rather blindly ;) The actual cause, however, was glz_custom_fields that I simply forgot to update. It boiled down to a custom field plugin, I just didn’t realize that, buried with some more inconsistencies.

Now I’m pretty confident all will be up and running again soon! Phew!
How indispensable your plugin is, one can realize best when you see the Write tab without its magic.

Thanks, once more, Luca.

#224 2011-10-06 17:58:33

redbot
Plugin Author

uli wrote:

…The actual cause, however, was glz_custom_fields that I simply forgot to update…

Happy to hear this, I couldn’t imagine where the issue was coming from.

…Now I’m pretty confident all will be up and running again soon! Phew!

Cool! Glad it all seems to be ok now :)

#225 2011-10-31 12:17:23

Algaris

When I try to hide items in all my sections I keep getting the following error

Warning: Data too long for column 'sections' at row 1 update bot_wtc set position = '', destination = '', item = '$("#textile_group")', sections = 'section-names', class = '' where id = '4' in C:\wamp\www\my-site\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 89

#226 2011-10-31 12:54:14

redbot
Plugin Author

Algaris wrote:

When I try to hide items in all my sections I keep getting the following error

Warning: Data too long for column 'sections' at row 1 update bot_wtc set position = '', destination = '', item = '$("#textile_group")', sections = 'section-names', class = '' where id = '4' in C:\wamp\www\my-site\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 89

Hi,
first of all I assume yuo have replaced your real sections list with “section-names” in the query you posted. Is it the case?
Anyway my first advice is to try to change the type for the column “sections” in the table “bot_wtc” throught phpmyadmin.
It is set to “varchar(255)” by default (maybe I should change this in the next relese) so you may want to change it to “text” and see if it changes something.

#227 2011-10-31 13:41:29

Algaris

Hi redbot. Yes I did change the sections list, I should have made that more clear. I changed the column to text as you said and everything works fine now. Thank you.

#228 2011-11-02 12:09:03

redbot
Plugin Author

Algaris wrote:

Hi redbot. Yes I did change the sections list, I should have made that more clear. I changed the column to text as you said and everything works fine now. Thank you.

Hi Ross, glad it fixed the problem.
Now I got a little question for you: can you check if the total number of charachters of the real sections list used in the query is actually higher than 255 (I’m asking this for the next release)?
Thank you in advance.

Board footer