background-color: red;
}

label.zemText , label.zemTextarea  {
background-color: none;
}

#1094 2011-09-28 07:04:34

dreamer

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Thanks Tye. Though, I don’t believe input.zemTextarea changes the color for anything. I tried isolating that element and it doesn’t affect the text inside the field.

Though, this will;

#Comments.zemTextarea {color:#000}

Bici- thanks for the compliment. Here is the code;

<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Full Name" name="Fullname" required="1" min="2" />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Company" name="Company" required="1" min="3" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="State Resale Sales Certification #" name="Resale" required="1" min="3" />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Fed ID#" name="Fed" required="1" min="3" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_email break="" required="1" />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Phone #" name="Phone" min="7" max="15" required="0" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Address" name="Address" required="1" min="3" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="City" name="City" required="1" /> 
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="State" name="State" required="1" />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Zipcode" name="Zipcode" required="1" min="5" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_text break="" label="Best time to call" name="Best" required="1" min="3" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Your Comments" name="Comments" cols="60" rows="8" default="If requesting a catalog or price sheet, please list the specific product line." /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_submit label="Submit" />

#1095 2011-09-28 08:12:10

jakob
Admin
Website

I tried isolating that element and it doesn’t affect the text inside the field.

Though, this will…

Tye is in principle correct in that the class is applied to label and element so you need to address each html element separately if you want to style them differently, he just left out the textarea:

input.zemText {
   color: grey;
}

textarea.zemTextarea {
   color: grey;
}

label.zemText,
label.zemTextarea  {
   color: white;
}

On a related note, your might want to consider using :focus instead of :hover for the change of background color: hover responds to the mouse position, not where the cursor is, so with :hover a different field may appear highlighted as the one where you can currently type. :focus highlights the one the cursor is in regardless of where the mouse pointer happens to be.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#1096 2011-10-05 19:48:20

M_i

Hello again,

I was wondering… you can use a textpattern forms for the layout of the form itself, as well as for the ‘to’, ‘from’, ‘subject’ and ‘thanks’ attibutes, but what about for the email that is sent out? I’d love to be able to use a form to send out something other than a plain list of labels and input, and create a custom email template to rearrange results, add some text here and there, and use some php to tweak the email. Is there anyway to do that? Or would something like that put me into plugin writing territory?

Thanks!

iris

#1097 2011-10-05 20:41:01

aslsw66
Website

I’ve been thinking the same myself. I have a project underway, and my first priority is to tweak ZCR so that I can use BCC to send bulk emails to members of my site (not big deal, there are only 40 or so anyway). But my next priority is to see if I can turn off the display of the “subject” in the body of the email, as that is already in the … subject of the email.

#1098 2011-10-06 06:33:34

M_i

aslsw66 wrote:

I’ve been thinking the same myself. I have a project underway, and my first priority is to tweak ZCR so that I can use BCC to send bulk emails to members of my site (not big deal, there are only 40 or so anyway). But my next priority is to see if I can turn off the display of the “subject” in the body of the email, as that is already in the … subject of the email.

For sending emails to all members of your site, you might also want to consider the Postmaster plugin, which does allow you to use a form to compose your emails.

At a textpattern site I did years ago, I used Ben Bruce’s old Email-on-Post plugin, which is an earlier incarnation of the Postmaster plugin, remade by Manfre. This plugin let me send emails to members that were controlled by forms – what I’m looking for now is a sort of hybrid between that functionality, and using a zem_contact form for the email’s input data. Hope that makes sense…

#1099 2011-10-06 08:31:44

aslsw66
Website

Does Postmaster integrate with the ign_users table? I have membership tightly integrated with the site – in fact, you must be a member to have any access at all. Because the numbers are so small, and also the members are all known, I thought adding bcc functionality to ZCR would make the process simpler.

Also, I have made a lot of effort to design a sort of customised front-end dashboard so that senior members of the group can manage memberships (including member details), create articles etc from the front-end. Mostly this is because they tend to be people of more ‘advanced years’ and generally resistant to technology and change – the standard Txp backend would scare them off. Integrating bcc into ZCR makes it simple to send an email from a custom-designed web form.

#1100 2011-10-06 09:04:58

M_i

aslsw66 wrote:

Also, I have made a lot of effort to design a sort of customised front-end dashboard so that senior members of the group can manage memberships (including member details), create articles etc from the front-end. Mostly this is because they tend to be people of more ‘advanced years’ and generally resistant to technology and change – the standard Txp backend would scare them off. Integrating bcc into ZCR makes it simple to send an email from a custom-designed web form.

Nods. Accommodating less technically minded users is also exactly the reason I’m looking for a way to change the standard email output of zem_contact. Instead of a plain list of all the form items and their data, I want to add a bit of text to explain what the email is for, and because I have a lot of checkboxes in this form, I want leave out any that have been left unchecked and only include the ones that were checked in the email (because a long list of “Option X: no” entries will only cause confusion for these users). On other sites, I’ve just a hidden form field to add a bit of text to the email, but now I’m looking for a way to do a bit more than that.

#1101 2011-10-09 11:07:21

husainhk
Website

Hi,

How would it be possible to pass values to a zem_contact form, to auto-populate certain fields?

This is what my scenario is:

1. Tons of articles with data in custom fields
2. User shortlists them using filters on the front-end (through glz_custom_fields)
3. Each item in the result and the actual article has a “Send Request” link, that takes the user to a zem_contact form
4. On this form, certain fields are auto-populated from that article’s custom fields

Appreciate any help!

Cheers,
Husain

#1102 2011-10-09 11:57:59

uli

You’d suffix the request links with an article element that’s unique, typically the ID, and use adi_gps on the target page to read that ID and then populate the form with ID-prefilled txp tags.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#1103 2011-10-09 12:04:59

M_i

husainhk wrote:

How would it be possible to pass values to a zem_contact form, to auto-populate certain fields?

Maybe I misunderstand your question, but wouldn’t you simply be able to auto-populate fields with something along the lines of,

<txp:zem_contact_text default='<txp:custom_field name="yourcustomfield" />' />

And switch between showing the article content and the send request form on the article page with something like chs_if_urlvar.

Last edited by M_i (2011-10-09 12:13:49)

#1104 2011-10-11 02:37:38

wolfcry911

I’ve just upgraded to 4.4.1 from 4.3 and I’m getting the following two errors:

A problem occured while loading the plugin: zem_contact_reborn -> Warning: Please contact support about failure on line 653

The above errors were caused by the plugin:zem_contact_reborn

A problem occured while loading the plugin: pap_contact_cleaner -> Warning: Please contact support about failure on line 653

The above errors were caused by the plugin:pap_contact_cleaner

To be fair – they errors may have existed before the update – I can’t remember. Any ideas on what I should check or do?
zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20
pap_contact_cleaner 0.1
Thanks

Board footer