Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-09-27 09:04:28

Manaus
Website

E-commerce website with blog

Hello,
I’m looking for a blog + commerce solution. I tried out yab_shop, but I need something with a more detailed backend, registering users, remaining goods, couple of payment methods. Do you have any suggestion?

I’m considering

• wordpress + wp ecommerce
  • prestashop
  • drupal 6
  • symphony cms

Of course, easy templating would be a plus.

Thanks!

#2 2011-09-27 09:46:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: E-commerce website with blog

Manaus wrote:

I’m looking for a blog + commerce solution. I tried out yab_shop, but I need something with a more detailed backend, registering users, remaining goods, couple of payment methods. Do you have any suggestion?

While yab_shop doesn’t do it all in one place, I’m doing all the above with a few plugins in tandem:

• yab_shop for handling products and checkout (I’ve made a few mods to help with certain aspects)
  • PayPal integration using smd_ipn to update stock info on successful payment and send out invoices
  • smd_tabber to offer dashboards for managing inventory and balancing the books
  • mem_self_register / rvm_privileged for offering registration and content differentiation based on login status
  • smd_access_keys for special promotions and time-limited offers / downloads
  • smd_user_manager for creating user groups with limited privileges to see particular tabs

If you need a few more payment options than PayPal or Google Checkout though — and don’t want to use PayPal’s portal for accepting non-PP credit card payments — then I concur that you should look elsewhere. The above simply gives you an idea of what is possible with some plugin combinations and a bit of ingenuity in Textpattern.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2011-09-27 10:06:48

Manaus
Website

Re: E-commerce website with blog

Bloke, thanks so much! :)

In fact, I need payments in this order: cash on delivery (because it’s a local shop), bank transfer, and PP, the following are not mandatory…

Board footer